Sponsored

DoorKnob4531

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road TRD
Ordered the kit out of state. Paid no taxes and got free shipping. My kit did not come with instructions so I added pictures of the install below.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Bed Step Install with pics. IMG_4729

Install the mounting bracket to the step first. If you install the bracket to the frame first you will not be able to tighten one of the mounting screws.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Bed Step Install with pics. IMG_4720

Screw in the top left screw into the frame for the mounting bracket about half way. The bracket has a slot to fit the screw through.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Bed Step Install with pics. IMG_4721

Slide the mounting bracket up onto the frame and insert the other two screws. You will need to lower the step to access the screw hole for the top right screw

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Bed Step Install with pics. IMG_4722

Tighten all of the screws to spec. The top left frame mount screw will require a wrench to access.
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Bed Step Install with pics. IMG_4724

Finally install the step onto the mount with the three self taping screws from the bottom.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Bed Step Install with pics. IMG_4726

Verify that all of the screws are tight and that the step when retracted is not rubbing anywhere.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Bed Step Install with pics. IMG_4728

Step on that thang.
Sponsored

Galactic Yeti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Ordered the kit out of state. Paid no taxes and got free shipping. My kit did not come with instructions so I added pictures of the install below.

IMG_4729.jpeg

Install the mounting bracket to the step first. If you install the bracket to the frame first you will not be able to tighten one of the mounting screws.

IMG_4720.jpeg

Screw in the top left screw into the frame for the mounting bracket about half way. The bracket has a slot to fit the screw through.

IMG_4721.jpeg

Slide the mounting bracket up onto the frame and insert the other two screws. You will need to lower the step to access the screw hole for the top right screw

IMG_4722.jpeg

Tighten all of the screws to spec. The top left frame mount screw will require a wrench to access.
IMG_4724.jpeg

Finally install the step onto the mount with the three self taping screws from the bottom.

IMG_4726.jpeg

Verify that all of the screws are tight and that the step when retracted is not rubbing anywhere.

IMG_4728.jpeg

Step on that thang.
Do we “hawk tuah” before or after we step?

Sandytntn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Sport Premium 2024
I also ordered out of state since my local dealer is way overpriced. No instructions with it. Watched couple YouTube videos on 3rd gen step. Not a hard install at all and most useful mod I’ve done by far.

xraided

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 6MT TRD Sport/06 BSP Xrunner (RIP)

IMG_4729.jpeg

IMG_4720.jpeg

IMG_4721.jpeg

IMG_4722.jpeg

IMG_4724.jpeg

IMG_4726.jpeg

IMG_4728.jpeg

Step on that thang.
thanks for the write up
Sponsored