scythanith

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter 6' bed; 2006 Tacoma TRD Sport
Hello all,

I have had a 2006 Tacoma 4x4 double cab TRD sport w/ 6’ bed since new. Has 566xxx km on it now :) Decided it was time to go for a new one once I saw the trailhunter announced. Annoyed some salespeople with visits/emails/phonecalls, checking for allocations and luckily got my name on the one that came to our city. Canadian model with 6’ bed and roof rack/sunroof.

Wait a relatively short 3 months and took delivery this week (Oct 21/24). I have researched, read, obsessed about this truck for a year so had an idea of what to look for at delivery. Let me start by saying I love the truck. Simple as that. That being said, here are a couple hiccups of the hop. I have discussed these with the dealer and they are definitely saying they will make it right.

I have the wild vibrations in the roof rack. It’s quite alarming at anywhere from 85 -120 km/h. Haven’t drove faster than that yet. Not sure if they will try the homemade washer/spacer/isolator fix or a new prinsu rack. I have told them about both options.

I have the bow in the lower windshield molding, about middle of the window.

I have paint drips on the front edges/points of the hood. That one surprised me. Body shop said they will take care of it.

The front right tire is rubbing on the Toyota mudflap in normal city driving when I turn right. Not sure of the fix here honestly aside from different mudflaps. Any recommendations on a good brand if they just want to replace them with non-Toyota? Or I will suggest that.

Tires were at 45-48 psi when I checked on the gauge and confirmed with a manual gauge. Spare was at 34ish. Dropped them to 32ish. I only have 250 km on it so I doubt it did anything to the tires.

Scuff on the inner door panel. Dealership ordered a new one. Will be 3 months minimum. I don’t really care about the length, it’s not super noticeable.

That’s what I have noticed so far. Love the responsiveness of the throttle, still haven’t put it in sport mode. Looking to add an RSI smart cap EVOa and I have it going in for full xpel in a matte finish. Also, opinions on seat covers? I’m worried the cover will wear the seat below. And if that’s the case why use them lol.

Photos to follow.

Cheers!
Sponsored