Cali ditch light install

Mikel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OFF ROAD
I am trying to use 2024 Tacoma accessories switches pigtails for Cali ditch lights. I am using aux A in engine compartment.
If I touch White and Blue wire on Cali harness they light up so I know they work.
When wiring to use pigtail no matter how I hook them up no go when I turn on aux switches.

Any help will be appreciated. Not an electrical person Cali Led could not help nor could Toyota Techs.

Thank you
Sponsored

gofastdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma OR, '08 Mazda MX-5, '20 Volvo V60
Hopefully you already have it figured out but, if not, I used the Aux 3 wiring plug, located right under the windshield washer reservoir. The Cali Raised harness was just long enough to reach. It's confusing b/c the Aux 3 wiring there has four wires and it's not at all clear which you will use. Unfortunately I've got it all taped up and don't want to cut it up to check but it's one of those things where you can just use a volt meter and check wires as you turn the Aux switch on and off. Also, if I recall, the positive and ground wires were backwards from what I expected based on coloring of the wires.

Also, on the Cali Raised wiring harness you are merely powering the relay on and off using the Aux switch. The main power for the relay needs to go directly to the battery (red fused wire off the relay).

Finally, the Cali Raised harness has two low power wires. One is to power the relay and one is to power the lighted switch if you use Cali Raised switches. I asked Cali Raised which was which and got this response, "The wire that controls power for the pods is the WHITE wire, that is the wire you connect to the inline source. The BLUE wire controls the relay/backlight of the switch." That was not helpful at all and, again, I've got everything wrapped and it's been long enough that I don't recall exactly which I used. I may have also just connected BOTH the blue and white wire to the aux power but don't quote me on that.

Sorry about the vague response but that's as good as it gets without me cutting all my taped connections. Rest assured that it all works though.