Dash Lights Dim When Auto headlights turned on

benjedi420vt

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Upgrade 6' bed
I bought a new TRD OR three Saturdays ago. Been driving it around using the Auto headlight mode most of the time. Now, I could have sworn in the daytime when i switched the headlight lever to auto the dash board (and multimedia) displays stayed the same brightness, were unaffected.

This morning however when I got into the truck and moved the headlight switch to auto (and the other two on positions) the dash and multimedia both dimmed very noticeably. I tried using the adjustment to click it to the brightest setting but it never gets as bright as when you move the lever to the off position (DRL off). However I want to drive with the daytime running lights on, hence that's the whole point but it is DAYTIME and therefore I want the dash/multimedia to be as bright as possible.

I did buy and use the Carista OBD over this past weekend to get rid of the fake engine noise/seat belt dings, etc.
(this is awesome btw, thanks for the idea Tacoma4g users).

Can anyone think of a setting that may have been changed that makes the dash dim when the headlights are switched to anything other than DRL off?
Sponsored

OP
OP
benjedi420vt

benjedi420vt

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Upgrade 6' bed
Okay, feeling fairly silly but in case this happens to someone else...here is an answer...technology technology technology.l!!

My son put a magazine up on the dash on the passenger side and covered up the little bubble sensor...so it appears it went into 'night mode' and dimmed the displays. Removed the magazine...boom full brightness, yay!!