Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Not a project I was looking forward too! Took me 6 hrs just for the rear seats. Forearms are smoked! An extra set of hands is recommended!

I pulled the rear seats out, 2 bolts for the 40, 2 bolts for the 60, pull the backrest release strap and they pop right out. Super simple and lightweight. Pulled off one cover at a time then replaced it with the Katzkin. Itā€™s slow going and requires a fair amount of strength when clipping the old hog rings and getting the new ones on correctly. There are small slits for the rear seat fold down straps and the fold up locking snaps. The only thing I had to cut was small slits next to the plastic rod where the hog rings go through and the headrest holes, came out nice but was a little anxious cutting brand new seats!

Headrest cover are the most difficult to get off and just as hard to get the new ones on! I pulled too hard in the wrong spot and ended up with a small tear in the center headrest..šŸ˜” a needle and black thread and nobody will know but me! so be careful!!

Also be careful when zipping the back of the covers the zippers seem to be decent quality but they are nylon/plastic zippers donā€™t force them!

There are a few wrinkles, my wife has a clothes steamer but Iā€™ll just let the summer heat do the work? If needed Iā€™ll steam em out?

Also I would suggest watching a couple YouTube videos beforehand! More to comeā€¦ Next Monday.

2024 Tacoma DIY Katzkins Leather Seat Covers in 2024 Tacoma TRD OffRoad IMG_5502
2024 Tacoma DIY Katzkins Leather Seat Covers in 2024 Tacoma TRD OffRoad IMG_5500
2024 Tacoma DIY Katzkins Leather Seat Covers in 2024 Tacoma TRD OffRoad IMG_5503
Sponsored

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
Awesome! Great write up! Looks excellent!Thanks for sharing the install Procedure and required tools. The tips and tricks from your experience are priceless for others Looking to do the same. Thank you.

OP
OP

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Finished the Katzkins! 7 hours for the front seats! Total time was around 13 hours.

Youā€™ll need a T45 to remove the seats, and be sure to disconnect the negative battery terminal just to be safe! You donā€™t want an airbag going off.

I would have documented everything involved but itā€™s just too much.. Probably would have added 2+ hours? But Iā€™m confident this is a project anyone with basic mechanical skills and a little common sense can do.

One trick I learned, the headrest are a nightmare! I went to Walmart bought some fresh fruit, took the bags and slipped them over the stripped headrests, plugged one side of the headrest shaft with electrical tape and placed a vacuum hose on the other side it sucked the foam to about 1/2 the normal size then slipped the Katzkin cover on in about 30 seconds!

Well worth the time, saved about $8-900.
I think the quality is far better than OEM SofTex and looks better. Bonusā€¦ Fresh leather smells sooo nice!

2024 Tacoma DIY Katzkins Leather Seat Covers in 2024 Tacoma TRD OffRoad IMG_5510
2024 Tacoma DIY Katzkins Leather Seat Covers in 2024 Tacoma TRD OffRoad IMG_5509

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
Nice job. Looks fantastic.
Sponsored