Sponsored

How dumb am I if I buy a cheap bed cover on Amazon?

RunDMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Got my TRD OR back in July, but decided to hold off a little while until getting a tri-fold hard cover. Driving from east Tennessee to Hilton Head this weekend though and it's been decided at the last minute that my truck will probably be the best option for getting there so I'm needing a quick and easy option for a bed cover to make the trip. I see some tri-fold hard covers for around $480 and some roll up covers for around $180 from generic brands. How well will these hold up if it were to rain while driving down?

Extra context: We were planning on taking my wife's tesla since it would be cheaper. We made the trip in her car last year and the 2 or 3 stops for recharging really didn't add anymore time than it would have been if we had stopped to get gas or go to the bathroom. With the path through the mountains being how it is at the moment we're taking the route through Atlanta which adds nearly 1.5-2 hours to the trip with the charging stops we'd have to make and since we're leaving after work on Thursday, we really don't want to be driving for 9 hours and get in at 2 or 3 in the morning.

These are the options I was looking at.

Soft Cover
Hard Cover 1
Hard Cover 2
Sponsored

Liquidassets

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off-road
I bought a cheap hardcover on eBay with a 3 year warranty, built in light,and 350 pound weight limit for $400. I love it.