Issue or not? Roof drainage channels and shock boots

NoNo

First Name
MrNo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
I'm planning to stop at the dealer Fri to show them my Android Auto issue and see what they think. I'm trying to go over every bit of the truck to make sure I get any other questions answered on this trip.

Two other things I noticed so far. See the photos below of the drainage channel on the roof. The black plastic covers are only in two short pieces, towards the rear and closer to the front, but not extending to the edge of the roof in the front, and there's a gap in the middle. Is this normal? Seems strange, especially because the channel almost looks unfinished towards the front and it is noticeable without getting up above the truck.

Same question about the shock boot, is it normal? Last photo is rear shock on TRD OR. On one side the boot extends down to that plastic retainer. The boot stays at the retainer. The other side, I can push the boot down to the retainer but it doesn't stay. What I'm wondering is if the plastic retainer is supposed to hold the boot down there in place. I'm thinking that if the boot doesn't stay tight against that retainer, or the retainer is not actually surrounding it, dirt and junk is going to be able to get up inside the boot. I tried to make sure it wasn't a simple fix, like being able to tuck the boot inside of the retainer again, but it doesn't seem like I can do that easily.

roof800.jpg

roof802.jpg

roof801.jpg

shock700.jpg
Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Both are normal.

OP
OP
NoNo

NoNo

First Name
MrNo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Over thinking it dude
Yeah, since I bought out of state I just wanted to look the truck over much better than I did at the dealership and make sure I didn't miss anything. I checked for every one of the issues that others have reported and found absolutely nothing...other than the tires being over-inflated! I think I've searched every inch of the truck and spent way too much time messing with the instrument cluster :)

Android auto issue is the only real problem I could find but I find it odd that I'm apparently the only one that has experienced it. Posted about it elsewhere but when I change volume when listening to anything through AA, the source changes.
Sponsored