Odd whistle after turning engine off

kaliforniaman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
i have had my 2024 less than a month now, and I have this odd sound that happens about 8 minutes after shutdown, and again about five minutes after that. The sound is like a children’s wooden train whistle. It isn’t very loud, but you can clearly hear it every time I turn the engine off. Anyone experience this?

2024 Tacoma Odd whistle after turning engine off IMG_5550
Sponsored

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
Yes there is an explanation of this sound in the owners manual. I will look for it and post a pic.

GMak621

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD ØR
i have had my 2024 less than a month now, and I have this odd sound that happens about 8 minutes after shutdown, and again about five minutes after that. The sound is like a children’s wooden train whistle. It isn’t very loud, but you can clearly hear it every time I turn the engine off. Anyone experience this?

IMG_5550.jpeg
What you're hearing is a pump that pressurizes your fuel storage system (the tank, filler neck, gas cap, evaporative canister) in order to test it, and make sure it's sealed. As long as the system holds its pressure, the computer concludes that everything is fine, and it stands down.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I don't have my Taco yet, but you should hear the strange sounds my wife's electric makes after it is turned off. Yes, it is off but all kinds of stuff is still going on in there!
Sponsored