Passenger Power Seat Randomly Reclines

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Has anyone had this issue. It's happened to me twice now where I get in my Tacoma and the passenger seat is reclined all the way back. The controls don't work for about 10 minutes but after that the passenger is able to control the seat again. I know this sounds very random but it's happened twice now. I have a TRD Off Road with the premium package for reference.
Sponsored

TIMFERRELL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Driver's seat fully reclined once while I was out of the truck. I thought that I might have accidentally triggered it.... no idea why.

OP
OP
bsquaredMTB

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Yeah I thought the same but now it's happened twice. The worst part is the seat controls don't function for a bit... Until they do.

OP
OP
bsquaredMTB

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Update: the dealership called me today after I dropped off the truck and said they were going to replace the master switch. I'll provide another update once I get more information when I pick it up (hopefully tomorrow).

Reactions: MJE
OP
OP
bsquaredMTB

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
In case anyone is still following this issue, the dealership replaced the master switch in the passenger seat. I will note that the malfunction had not occurred since they did the diagnostic. The service guy that worked on it said it was a bad connection so I'm thinking it's entirely possible that once they opened up the seat and looked at it, that might have solved the bad connection when they put everything back together. Who knows?! Ha.
Sponsored