Rear lift spacer instal question

Big P

First Name
Mr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Not happy with squat of truck with a RC level and gear in back. Ordered 1” peak spacer picks.

For installation has you remove sway bar , ect - was wondering if anyone has just jacked up rear of truck on frame - fully extending rear springs and then just using a spring compressor tool compress - side spacer in- and release ?

thanks

2024 Tacoma Rear lift spacer instal question IMG_3889
Sponsored

gofastdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma OR, '08 Mazda MX-5, '20 Volvo V60
Wescott just posted a good video showing the installation. The rear starts ~16:00.

I'm not sure why Wescott has you removing the shock from the top mount. I took the bottom bolt out and that seems easier to me.

I had to do both, unbolt the sway bar and remove the spring. I don't think you could get the spacer in w/o removing the spring but feel free to try.

I still had to use a spring compressor to get the spring and spacer back in. I'm not sure if it was just my truck (off road). It wasn't an issue on the driver side but the brake line, even disconnected from the bracket, was too short to let the passenger side droop low enough to get the spring/spacer combo back in w/o pulling the brake line overly tight.

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
Since it's squatting when loaded with the bikes (welcome to every tacoma ever) you should consider some timbren cushions. They will save the rear suspension, though not necessarily bring the back up higher, when loaded, it won't sink as far.

https://timbren.com/products/torttndr-toyota-tundra-2022-2023-rear-kit

I've got something similar on my 2004, and have had no issues for almost 20 years.

Powhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 TRD OR 6MT DCSB Underground
That looks great! Really debating on doing a 1.5 front and 1.0 rear on my off road.
Sponsored