Removing mirror caps?

hogshooter

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited 4x4
I have some color matched mirror caps on the way, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to pop my chromes off. I watched a couple of vids for the gen 3 figuring they would be similar, but I can't get the caps to budge. Anyone have a trick for getting them off?
Sponsored

rkohlerbend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 iForce Max Limited
I have a new Limited coming and am very interested in how to do this. Where did you get the color matched caps you ordered?

OP
OP

hogshooter

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited 4x4
I have a new Limited coming and am very interested in how to do this. Where did you get the color matched caps you ordered?
I found the part numbers in this thread: https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/threads/mirror-cap-covers.4985/

I figured out how to get the caps off. You’ll need a couple to plastic trim removal tools. Fold the mirror on, and use a trim removal tool on the seam next to were the mirrors rotate to fold. Open the gap, put the other trim tool in the gap to hold it open, and then work your way around the top of the mirror releasing the clips. Once you get about half way you’ll be able to pop the mirror cover off. Putting the new ones on is as easy as lining them up and snapping it into place.

rkohlerbend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 iForce Max Limited
Thanks so much! Would it be too much to ask for you to post a how-to set of pics or a video of the removal and install process?
Sponsored