Sponsored

Should I buy a new Taco? Is it affected by the recall?

TacoElgin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Hi guys new here. I recently found a great deal on a long-bed Tacoma and I'm really tempted to buy it. However, I heard there’s been a recent transmission recall. Does this affect all Tacomas, or just certain models? The dealer mentioned that Toyota won’t let them sell the truck if it's affected by the recall. Is that accurate? Anything else I need to be aware of? Thanks!
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I don’t think it’s technically a recall, but a TSB. Use the VIN lookup tool and see if thtruck you’re looking at is affected. Apparently the issue only applies to a certain number of trucks manufactured before they discovered the issue.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@TacoElgin I agree about looking up the VIN. If the truck you are looking at is not in one of the ranges you should be fine.

Aisin transmissions in Toyota vehicles are some of the most durable transmissions made. It was bad luck for some buyers that Aisin screwed up, but Toyota is handling the affected trucks. Chances are excellent that most 4th gen transmission will be as reliable as expected.

I love my fourth gen and I say go for it.

HoptownBob

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Premium
All the affected transmission were in earlier manufactured trucks. The trucks on the lots now are not affected.
Sponsored