Winch bumper recommendations?

Photo_Nerd

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad
I’m truly amazed by how many rigs I see that are all tricked out with the latest overlanding mods, yet don’t have winches. When I drove my old jeep around, my winch had proven itself to be one of the most useful tools to have. When you’re out in the middle of no where and you manage to find that one hole that you just can’t get out of, the ability to winch yourself out will save you a massive headache. Needless to say, that’ll be one of the first mods I do to my new Tacoma. Of course, my old 1986 CJ7 had about a foot of frame sticking right out past the grill and the bumper was nothing more than a beam attached to the front of that. So I simply bought a winch and bolted it right on that frame, wired up, and I was ready to go. Took me no more than an hour. Doesn’t seem to be the case with sleek modern trucks. I’ve seen a handful of brief conversations on here about winch bumpers. But does anyone have a solid recommendation that they’re truly happy with? Is the gen 4 Tacoma just too new to have a ton of options out there? Also, I live in California where a front license plate is required. On the setups I’ve seen, the fairlead is right where the license plate is currently. I could certainly figure out an alternative spot for it. But if there are any bumpers with an actual space for the plate, of course that would be the most ideal.
Sponsored