Sponsored

Your 2024 Pro Seats -- is recline control powered or manual?

ReddingonTRD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Hey there! For fellow pro owners, do your seats have a powered recline control on the side of the seat or is your recline manual? Mine has powered lumbar support and the forward/back on the seat is also electric, but the recline is a manual pull. I’m wondering if I failed to select all power as an option or if the manual recline is because of the shocks hardware in the seats? Thanks! :)
Sponsored

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
Hey there! For fellow pro owners, do your seats have a powered recline control on the side of the seat or is your recline manual? Mine has powered lumbar support and the forward/back on the seat is also electric, but the recline is a manual pull. I’m wondering if I failed to select all power as an option or if the manual recline is because of the shocks hardware in the seats? Thanks! :)
No it’s manual. That’s the way it is.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
While I was cleaning up my Tundra today and waiting for the seats to finally move, I thought of this.

I like clean, direct contact with my machines and a Taco has always had that. I was surprised at first at the manual tilt, but it really is easier and cleaner than the electric controls. It is something new to a lot of drivers, but not really a problem in the long run. It is a bit dyslexic with the rest of the seat controls being powered, but really just a TRD Pro quirk.

I think that Toyota engineers would have made the ISO seats have power recline if possible, but just the seat suspension was an engineering marvel. Yes, they take up a little more space but if you use these trucks as intended, it is a huge gain, or at least it is for me.
Sponsored