Sponsored

Did any builds come with the locking safe under the arm rest?

komek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2 Competition
I can’t seem to find any info about this. Car and Driver’s original photos when the 2024 was first revealed had a shot of a built in safe underneath the arm rest.

Is this an optional add on?
A feature a that comes with the TH by default?

I know there’s aftermarket companies that make these, I was just curious if anyone‘s builds came with something or any type of lockable storage.

2024 Tacoma Did any builds come with the locking safe under the arm rest? 2024-toyota-tacoma-interior-117-6463ca48d2147
Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
I can’t seem to find any info about this. Car and Driver’s original photos when the 2024 was first revealed had a shot of a built in safe underneath the arm rest.

Is this an optional add on?
A feature a that comes with the TH by default?

I know there’s aftermarket companies that make these, I was just curious if anyone‘s builds came with something or any type of lockable storage.

2024-toyota-tacoma-interior-117-6463ca48d2147.jpg

There are multiple OR and Sport allocations with it as an option.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
It is not standard on any trim, but you can add it even after delivery as it is an accessory.

Nedloh227

First Name
Holden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
My off road premium allocation has it as a port option

OP
OP

komek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2 Competition
Ah interesting, thanks for the info everyone. I didn’t see it in the description of any of the packages or spec list on the Toyota website.

Sponsored

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Lexus LX470. 2022 Can Am Commander XT-P Max
Ah interesting, thanks for the info everyone. I didn’t see it in the description of any of the packages or spec list on the Toyota website.
In the configurator there are two spots for additional non-standard equipment: "Packages" and "Accessories." "Packages" are factory-installed and "Accessories" are dealer-installed. For example, on the Limited the only option under "Packages" is a mud flap package, because it's already fully loaded, but there are 96 additional items under "Accessories." So, really, anything that is listed under "Accessories" could be added at a later date (some things on the list don't even need to be "installed," such as camp chairs and recovery equipment). The console safe is listed under "Accessories" so it can be added to any trim. It's a $395 option (plus potentially install charges from the dealer.) A lot of the accessories tend to be kinda overpriced stuff that you can get anywhere that dealers will tack on to squeeze a few extra bucks out of buyers.

OP
OP

komek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2 Competition
In the configurator there are two spots for additional non-standard equipment: "Packages" and "Accessories." "Packages" are factory-installed and "Accessories" are dealer-installed. For example, on the Limited the only option under "Packages" is a mud flap package, because it's already fully loaded, but there are 96 additional items under "Accessories." So, really, anything that is listed under "Accessories" could be added at a later date (some things on the list don't even need to be "installed," such as camp chairs and recovery equipment). The console safe is listed under "Accessories" so it can be added to any trim. It's a $395 option (plus potentially install charges from the dealer.) A lot of the accessories tend to be kinda overpriced stuff that you can get anywhere that dealers will tack on to squeeze a few extra bucks out of buyers.
I’m very familiar on what a package and an accessory is and how to browse through them. I must have missed it when browsing through the accessories. I assumed it was in a package since it was in the fancy press photos.

Thanks!

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Lexus LX470. 2022 Can Am Commander XT-P Max
I’m very familiar on what a package and an accessory is and how to browse through them. I must have missed it when browsing through the accessories. I assumed it was in a package since it was in the fancy press photos.

Thanks!
Yeah sorry I didn't mean to over-explain, it's actually my first time new car shopping so I didn't really know how it all worked until recently so I just wanted anyone reading to understand the difference.

spenticus

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I ordered it at my local dealer after purchasing my truck and just installed it in my console yesterday. Extremely easy to do

TRD _Rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Camry TRD, 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
anyone have a part # for this. Lock'er Down and Console Vault do not make one yet for 2024 Tacoma. As a CCW holder I want a console vault.

Sponsored

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
You can see which ones were allocated with it in the allocations sheet.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
To give you an idea on how many are allocated, I just checked all of the 4600 allocated TRD Off Roads and only 40 of them are coming with the console safe. That said, I'm sure your dealer would be glad to add it, the question would be if there would be an installation charge?

Last edited:

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
I ordered it at my local dealer after purchasing my truck and just installed it in my console yesterday. Extremely easy to do
Do you lose much storage space ?

It looks like a combination lock - I would have expected it to work with the key fob

Duce95

First Name
Big Deezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Offroad
Have one in my current gen 3 and love it. Picked up the safe on fb marketplace for like $180
Sponsored