Sponsored

Base Speaker Upgrade Kit ?

PNWblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I know it's very early, but does anyone know if anyone that took delivery already made any changes to the stock speakers? I'm hoping the kits for the 3G Tacos from Trail Grid will work, Crutchfield still hasn't adjusted for the 2024's yet.
Sponsored

M1KL83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
I would love to know that myself.
Or to get a look at the wire connectors at the front door speakers and or behind the head unit.
If anyone is working on their factory stereo please post pictures!!
My gut tells me that the base audio system will be similar to the base Tundra and therefore aftermarket 3rd gen Tundra non JBL components could be used in 4g Tacoma but I cannot confirm that assumption as of yet.

OP
OP

PNWblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I would love to know that myself.
Or to get a look at the wire connectors at the front door speakers and or behind the head unit.
If anyone is working on their factory stereo please post pictures!!
My gut tells me that the base audio system will be similar to the base Tundra and therefore aftermarket 3rd gen Tundra non JBL components could be used in 4g Tacoma but I cannot confirm that assumption as of yet.
Yeah I'm thinking the same thing, probably carry over equipment to streamline components

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
I had a PWE-S8 Alpine sub in my Gen 2 and hope to install another in my yet to arrive Gen 4. The sub dimensions are 3" Tall X 9" wide X 12.5" long. Need to confirm if it will fit under the manual cloth drivers seat?

Quickreply1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I see Sonic Electronix has some speaker mounts and wire adapters for the ā€˜24 Taco. Iā€™m really curious to know whatā€™s in the doors. Iā€™ve seen a 6 x 9 in the front and 6 1/2 inch in the rear? Can anyone confirm thereā€™s actually a 6 x 9 in the front of the base system?

Sponsored

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
There's a thread on TW where somebody redid the entire system.

Quickreply1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeah, I saw thatā€¦those were awesome pictures. i believe that was also the JBL version so was curious if anyone had dug into the base set up.

Quickreply1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So I finally dug into the front and rear door speakers for the non-JBL system. The front looks like a very weak is a 6.5ā€and the rear is 5ā€.

According to Crutchfield
you can do a 6.75ā€ front and rearā€¦theyā€™ll both need adapters Thereā€™s no wiring harnesses for a plug and play at this point in the game, but you can splice it in.

2024 Tacoma Base Speaker Upgrade Kit ? IMG_3947
Sponsored