Sponsored

4thgenmedic

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sr5
installed the rb20 slim… they look pretty decent and don’t stick out too much and don’t hang too low.. plenty room to get your foot on!!!

2024 Tacoma Go Rhino RB 30 slim running boards installed IMG_6659 (1) copy

2024 Tacoma Go Rhino RB 30 slim running boards installed IMG_6660
Sponsored

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Manual
Those look great! Are you sure those are RB20 slim? They look like RB30 slim. Are you still happy with them? Looks like you went with the textured black coating?

2024 Tacoma Go Rhino RB 30 slim running boards installed IMG_4006

OP
OP

4thgenmedic

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sr5
Those look great! Are you sure those are RB20 slim? They look like RB30 slim. Are you still happy with them? Looks like you went with the textured black coating?

IMG_4006.jpeg
Your right they were the 30’s.. changed post.. I’ve only had them a couple days, but I like them because they’re very non-obtrusive and the support mounts don’t hang too low not any lower than the frame. They are strong when I step on them and look good with the bedliner.

TIMFERRELL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Installed "Dominitor D1" running boards, thinking I would like the look.... don't. They stick out too far, hang too low, slope outward, and seem to flex with weight. I guess I'll be trading.

2024 Tacoma Go Rhino RB 30 slim running boards installed Running board

OP
OP

4thgenmedic

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sr5
Installed "Dominitor D1" running boards, thinking I would like the look.... don't. They stick out too far, hang too low, slope outward, and seem to flex with weight. I guess I'll be trading.

Running board.jpeg
I looked at doing those, but when looking around I thought they looked sorta low. I like design though.. just wish they were a bit higher and tighter to body.

Sponsored

Galactic Yeti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
installed the rb20 slim… they look pretty decent and don’t stick out too much and don’t hang too low.. plenty room to get your foot on!!!

IMG_6659 (1) copy.jpeg

IMG_6660.jpeg
These look great! Helped me make up my mind, between everything I’ve been looking at I think that these are the most functional and they look cool as hell.

Sponsored

trey_is_a_jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I was on the fence on the RB-# boards but living in the rust belt I was advised against them and to look for an aluminum option. Currently there is only Go Rhino Vertex V3 SideSteps so I ordered them but I am waiting forever for Go Rhino / Realtruck to ship them.

I really was hoping someone would show some installs on the RB 20/30 so I am glad this thread is here.

OP
OP

4thgenmedic

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sr5
I was on the fence on the RB-# boards but living in the rust belt I was advised against them and to look for an aluminum option. Currently there is only Go Rhino Vertex V3 SideSteps so I ordered them but I am waiting forever for Go Rhino / Realtruck to ship them.

I really was hoping someone would show some installs on the RB 20/30 so I am glad this thread is here.
I had hard time deciding with no real pics out there so I took a chance!!

theKurt

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M

Running board.jpeg
I went into the local off road parts place and walked up to the counter.

Salesman: Hi there. How can I help you?
Me: I have a problem. My wife is short and she grunts.
Salesman: Running boards?
Me: Yup
Saleman: I can help you over here.

I looked around online and decided on these Dominator boards too. Mostly because my 6 yr old daughter can't get in and out of the truck without a boost or jumping. I was hoping these boards would work for her being a little lower than other rock slider or running board options. I don't like that they attach to the rocker panel and not the frame, which is possibly why they would flex. They haven't arrived yet, but here's hoping I don't need them for too long I guess.

theKurt

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I got the Dominator boards. I put one on and took it off immediately. Like Tim mentioned, they dont fit well and stick outside of the tires. Further to this, they arent sealed on the ends, so you're going to get water and mud in the pipes and it will rot from the inside out. Terrible, terrible design. Would not recommend at all.
Sponsored