iForce Max Limited Availability?

rkohlerbend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 iForce Max Limited
Hi all. I'm new here and want to express my frustration about the availability of an iForce Max Limited. I live in Central Oregon (Bend) and have had a deposit down at my local dealer for 2 months. They claim they have no hybrid Limited models on the horizon. I've called dealers all over Oregon and have been told much the same thing. A dealer in Portland who said they were an "inventory manager" said there are none in their system for the next 2 months minimum.

My issue is this, how can Toyota be advertising this trim level on their website and not be allocating any to the entire state of Oregon? They've been on their website for 2 months+ at this stage. I tried calling Toyota customer service and they were pleasant, but couldn't help at all.

Should also mention I won't pay above MSRP and White, Underground, or Bronze are the only colors I'd go for.

Does anyone out there own one of these? Thoughts and suggestions on obtaining this Unobtanium.

- Rob

Update 6/8/24. I found a hybrid Limited using the Toyota.com locator yesterday in The Dalles, Oregon. Called the dealer and placed a deposit over the phone. Build date 6/6/24, expected to arrive at the dealer in 45 days. Woo Hoo! Pricing guaranteed to be MSRP with no dealer add-on's. Wind Chill Pearl. The dealer is only 106 miles from my home. Apparently they're starting to build hybrid Limited's now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
There are at least 99+ hybrids within 500 miles of Portland that are allocated to dealers. You might want to look at the inventory system and start calling the dealers that show them. I will say that there are only 9 limited showing.

2024 Tacoma iForce Max Limited Availability? Screenshot 2024-06-05 103329

OP
OP

rkohlerbend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 iForce Max Limited
Thanks. I've done the same search myself. Ton's of hybrid's, but not not a single Limited, and the only trim level I'm interested in is the Limited.

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Thanks. I've done the same search myself. Ton's of hybrid's, but not not a single Limited, and the only trim level I'm interested in is the Limited.
9 show within 500 miles of Portland.

This one is close to you. Call the dealer to see if it is available to put a deposit on. Keep in mind that they just started producing the hybrids mid May.

2024 Tacoma iForce Max Limited Availability? Screenshot 2024-06-05 104358

evlfred

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tundra Plat
HA! I've had a deposit on one since September...

Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
I know feel your pain. I have two deposits and while there is some inventory on the way who knows when one will be become available. My fear is that a suitable truck finally shows up and is loaded out with a bunch of PIOs I refuse to pay for like Dashcam, Roof Rack, Bed step etc. While worthwhile in some cases the pricing is insane. Add those three items together and it's over 2K additional.

The limited model is truly a unicorn. As of today, there are only 76 non- hybrids total nationwide in stock.

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
WooHoo….two whole months, try 12 months like me. Should have gotten your deposit in about a year ago, as for availability, there are numerous Limited HV Tacoma’s out there, you need to expand your search until you find the trim, color, price and PIO/DIO options you want which is not already sold and when you find it…..POUNCE on it, because it will not be available for long. If you do these things, you “might” stand a chance of getting one this year, but there are many many people ahead of you in-line who have had deposits down for a year+

Last edited:
OP
OP

rkohlerbend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 iForce Max Limited
Thanks. I've seen this and others, but Lithia is one of the dealers that sells above MSRP and I won't play that game. MSRP only. On top of that it's Silver and I really don't like Silver.

OP
OP

rkohlerbend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 iForce Max Limited
I know feel your pain. I have two deposits and while there is some inventory on the way who knows when one will be become available. My fear is that a suitable truck finally shows up and is loaded out with a bunch of PIOs I refuse to pay for like Dashcam, Roof Rack, Bed step etc. While worthwhile in some cases the pricing is insane. Add those three items together and it's over 2K additional.

The limited model is truly a unicorn. As of today, there are only 76 non- hybrids total nationwide in stock.
That's sad. I wonder why the hybrid Limited is so rare.

OP
OP

rkohlerbend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 iForce Max Limited
WooHoo….two whole months, try 12 months like me. Should have gotten your deposit in about a year ago, as for availability, there are numerous Limited EV Tacoma’s out there, you need to expand your search until you find the trim, color, price and PIO/DIO options you want which is not already sold and when you find it…..POUNCE on it, because it will not be available for long. If you do these things, you “might” stand a chance of getting one this year, but there are many many people ahead of you in-line who have had deposits down for a year+
Most of the Oregon dealers won't take a deposit.

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I have a deposit on a hybrid, but my dealer has only one hybrid allocation, which is now finally being built.

Toyota has only been building hybrids for about 6 weeks, so they are still not many on the ground. Worse for you is that the Limited is the unicorn in the Taco herd, so it might be a while until you can find one at MSRP.

Good luck!

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
That's sad. I wonder why the hybrid Limited is so rare.
Someone speculated on another chat that the Land Cruiser, which, uses the exact same AWD setup, is taking away from the Tacoma parts inventory. But the comment was towards all hybrids and not just the Limited. Maybe there is some validity to that but it would mean the Toyata hosed up their parts and production planning. Outside the the supposed assembly line worker shortage, I haven't seen anything about parts shortages or inventory issues.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
My wife shopped for both a Toyota and a Lexus hybrid a few months ago. A Lexus dealer we visited had only one NX PHEV and there were only two allocated to them at that time. It is a large Lexus dealership in Richmond, VA and although they had a good number of cars they had almost no hybrids.

Hybrids have only recently become hot and in huge demand. I think Toyota was not prepared for that and dropped the ball. I believe that batteries are the constraint for regular hybrids and PHEVs.

Hopefully they are working on that!

OP
OP

rkohlerbend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 iForce Max Limited
That's a good guess. If I have to wait until late Summer, would I buy a 2024 or 25? The model year crossover is somewhere around Fall.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I think a lot of us will end up with 2025 models because of the backlog and the Fall model changeover. I know we don't like waiting for our cool new Tacos, but getting a 2025 means it will be worth more down the road.

When I put a deposit on a TRD Pro I told the salesman that I would not be surprised if it ended up being a 2025. He said he thought that was a very real possibility.
Sponsored