Sponsored

Quickreply1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I went with RTX replica wheels. They are 18x8 +35 offset and some Cooper tires. They do really well in the winter snow 265/70/18 - 1 inch taller than stock, same width. I went conservative on the offset and tire width to help minimize rick chips to the rear fenders as I run on gravel roads often. Approx 1.5” wider stance. Pretty happy with how turned it out.
2024 Tacoma 4th Gen 2024+ Tacoma Aftermarket Wheels & Tires Pictures / Specs Compilation - Add Yours IMG_3851
2024 Tacoma 4th Gen 2024+ Tacoma Aftermarket Wheels & Tires Pictures / Specs Compilation - Add Yours IMG_3852
2024 Tacoma 4th Gen 2024+ Tacoma Aftermarket Wheels & Tires Pictures / Specs Compilation - Add Yours IMG_3853

Last edited:

Quickreply1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Only issue I have is the setup above is the TPMS was reset at discount tire and the Tacoma is failing to recognize the sensors. I transferred the OEM sensors from the stock wheels over to the new ones and it’s still giving me a TPMS malfunction error. I’ve tried resetting it and discount tire has as well. Few hundred miles and it’s still on. Anyone else ran into this? Any tips/solutions?

UPDATE:
Good news I tried for the 10th time to get those TPMS sensors to re-sync and magically they did this morning so I’m all set. Not sure what the issue was there.

Last edited:

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Only issue I have is the setup above is the TPMS was reset at discount tire and the Tacoma is failing to recognize the sensors. I transferred the OEM sensors from the stock wheels over to the new ones and it’s still giving me a TPMS malfunction error. I’ve tried resetting it and discount tire has as well. Few hundred miles and it’s still on. Anyone else ran into this? Any tips/solutions?
The older Tacoma's could get "ecu lock up" where they would not do a relearn. You have to use a TPMS to "unlock the ECU" then do a relearn. Unless they put the exact sensor in the exact same spot it is looking for a relearn that needs to be done with a TPMS tool and OBD connection. the 24 is so new I am not positive it went into ECU lock up.

Sponsored

tptpgogogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
Picked up someone at the airport, snapped some new photos while I waited for the plane to land.

2024 Tacoma 4th Gen 2024+ Tacoma Aftermarket Wheels & Tires Pictures / Specs Compilation - Add Yours IMG_3590
2024 Tacoma 4th Gen 2024+ Tacoma Aftermarket Wheels & Tires Pictures / Specs Compilation - Add Yours IMG_3592
2024 Tacoma 4th Gen 2024+ Tacoma Aftermarket Wheels & Tires Pictures / Specs Compilation - Add Yours IMG_3593
2024 Tacoma 4th Gen 2024+ Tacoma Aftermarket Wheels & Tires Pictures / Specs Compilation - Add Yours IMG_3594
Sponsored