Sponsored

2024 Toyota Tacoma engine noise reduction with premium fuel

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
I haven't noticed any sound differences since early break in period. A slight boost in fuel economy isn't paid for by the price difference. My pickup seems utility and work oriented compared to many here. Regular fuel is working just fine when taking big payload trips for work or to my cabin site. I can hold freeway speeds, make climbs, and blow past earlier gen V6 Toyotas such as we've owned. Also keep up in traffic.

Yesterday I had about 140 miles into strong headwind where I'd have noticed the difference but I'd have also noticed if I filled up at a higher price.

Go ahead and spend the money if it makes you feel good but I'm sticking with only taking on that expense for rare occasions. I'm really certain Toyota would have published a different spec or requirement if it was needed or important. Consider how the fuel cost is not their problem but warranty claims and reputation are.
Sponsored

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
I haven't noticed any sound differences since early break in period. A slight boost in fuel economy isn't paid for by the price difference. My pickup seems utility and work oriented compared to many here. Regular fuel is working just fine when taking big payload trips for work or to my cabin site. I can hold freeway speeds, make climbs, and blow past earlier gen V6 Toyotas such as we've owned. Also keep up in traffic.

Yesterday I had about 140 miles into strong headwind where I'd have noticed the difference but I'd have also noticed if I filled up at a higher price.

Go ahead and spend the money if it makes you feel good but I'm sticking with only taking on that expense for rare occasions. I'm really certain Toyota would have published a different spec or requirement if it was needed or important. Consider how the fuel cost is not their problem but warranty claims and reputation are.
The owners manual clearly states 87 or higher so Toyota warranty claim denial for running premium fuel is totally false. I respect your decision to run regular octane that’s your personal preference. The arguments over premium and regular have been to laid to rest with the Dyno charts provided. The misconception of premium gas is just wasting money and not doing anything has been proven false. Better MPG and fuel economy are not worried about along with money when higher octane premium is being used to gain performance. That should be respected along with regular octane usage to save money. How fast do you want to go? How much do you want to spend? You must choose for yourself.