Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
It just started right? I mean take it in after a couple week and see if codes thrown and just get the issue documented
I will check the codes myself and take it to the dealer if it throws any of the solenoid codes.

Other than that there really isn't anything to do, because until then Toyota won't do anything.
Sponsored

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
I will check the codes myself and take it to the dealer if it throws any of the solenoid codes.

Other than that there really isn't anything to do, because until then Toyota won't do anything.
I don’t understand why they can’t just drop the transmission pan on our vin numbered trucks and inspect for debris…. Then replace the effected units. It wouldn’t cost them much of anything and it would us peace of mind, especially for those that don’t have any issues, and for guys like us I can guarantee there’s debris floating around. It prob takes a few hundred miles for the debris to reach the solenoids and start messing them up

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@Gfenza89 I have thought the same thing. I think that Toyota is just in damage control mode at this point, and only dealing with the failed transmissions.

I don't know if they will move on to finding a way to show people that their trucks are fine, but I am not holding my breath. What we have now might be their only response.

How they approach this will be the key to how long I keep my truck. I love it, but unless I can gain confidence that I can trust it, I will feel forced to move on.

Good luck with your truck!

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
@Gfenza89 I have thought the same thing. I think that Toyota is just in damage control mode at this point, and only dealing with the failed transmissions.

I don't know if they will move on to finding a way to show people that their trucks are fine, but I am not holding my breath. What we have now might be their only response.

How they approach this will be the key to how long I keep my truck. I love it, but unless I can gain confidence that I can trust it, I will feel forced to move on.

Good luck with your truck!
Really sad this is… I’m holding on to my regardless. I’m trying to keep the faith they’ll do the right thing but ya never know. Good luck to you as well, we’ll just continue to monitor the situation on here and through Toyota tsb bulletins

Sponsored

MayburyKyle

First Name
kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD Pro 4Runner
I’m pulling the plug before I have to deal with any of this. 66k for this and have to worry about all that shit, I’m out! Thanks for all the input and help guys. I’ll be back once they get it all figured out. Following still

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Limited iForce Max
I'm sure Toyota is formulating a plan for how best to address this. If they plan on replacing affected transmissions, it will take months to build up the additional inventory. Once the used transmission inventory is sufficient, they'll likely rebuild those and use them for future replacements. Regardless, the dealer network will need the personnel to handle it. Some shops are short on quality techs, and no dealer is going to assign a master tech to warranty work.

Oh, and they also have Tundra engines to manage. I know that during the frame replacement ordeal, some shops had dedicated techs who did nothing but that. Depending on the specific needs of the vehicle, they could knock out a truck in just a few hours.

Then again, this is strictly conjecture, and I could be completely wrong—so feel free to ignore this post.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@WKTJR1 I just hope that Toyota has this sorted before they build your truck. I know what it is like to wait forever for the perfect truck and then have to face reality.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I’m pulling the plug before I have to deal with any of this. 66k for this and have to worry about all that shit, I’m out! Thanks for all the input and help guys. I’ll be back once they get it all figured out. Following still
Understandable. Although I have told friends that they should just go for it, now I don't think I would say that. We are way too early in the process to predict how long this will go on. Didn't Toyota keep building Tundras with engines destined to fail for something like three model years?

I don't think I would have bought my truck if I could have foreseen the future. I still think the odds are with most buyers, but once it is your truck going south the odds are 100%. lol
Sponsored