Sponsored

diettaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 toyota tacoma trd sport
Placed a deposit at my local dealer in February and it finally came in May. Previously had a 2nd gen but excited to be back in a Tacoma.

Instantly had to remove the air dam as soon as I got home and been in love with the Bronze Oxide since. Went with the 4x2 because although I appreciate it, especially in California, I dont see the absolute need for a 4x4.

IMG_3974.jpg

Recently got SSW Raptors 17X9-12 wrapped in 285/70/17 BFG KO2.

Overlooked this setup and didn't realize the width of the wheels and now im rubbing on wide turns :facepalm:

I've got the Westscott Preload Collar Lift Kit on the way so there's hope.

IMG_3982.jpg

IMG_3990.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

Also to not go with the SSW Center Caps but now it just looks unfinished. Was considering placing vinyl to cover the logo or just spray painting it black to call it a day. Anyone have any other suggestions/recs?

IMG_4027.jpg
Sponsored

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Placed a deposit at my local dealer in February and it finally came in May. Previously had a 2nd gen but excited to be back in a Tacoma.

Instantly had to remove the air dam as soon as I got home and been in love with the Bronze Oxide since. Went with the 4x2 because although I appreciate it, especially in California, I dont see the absolute need for a 4x4.

IMG_3974.jpg

Recently got SSW Raptors 17X9-12 wrapped in 285/70/17 BFG KO2.

Overlooked this setup and didn't realize the width of the wheels and now im rubbing on wide turns :facepalm:

I've got the Westscott Preload Collar Lift Kit on the way so there's hope.

IMG_3982.jpg

IMG_3990.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

Also to not go with the SSW Center Caps but now it just looks unfinished. Was considering placing vinyl to cover the logo or just spray painting it black to call it a day. Anyone have any other suggestions/recs?

IMG_4027.jpg
Sweet looking ride. The Westcott preload collars will eliminate scrub with those great looking wheels. A word of caution, if you travel gravel you’ll need to incorporate front mud flaps or your paint will pay the toll.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
I thought 285/70/17 would fit without rubbing. Is it that combined with the offset or have i been misinformed about 33" tires ?

My calc says thats 32.7"

I would plastidip those center caps

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
It isn't the wheel width, it's your offset. 33" tires will clear by 2" in all directions unless you get an offset that hangs your tires halfway out of the fenders.

Reactions: Ron

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
Great looking truck! So far, your truck is visually the closest I’ve seen to what I want. I’m also considering a crewcab/longbed in Bronze Oxide and want aftermarket wheels in black. If I end up with a Trailhunter, the bronze wheels will be powder coated flat black right after delivery.

How much poke do you have? I don’t mind a little for myself, but would prefer an offset that gets the wheels under the arches as much as possible.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
Whats the offset?
To add to that question, what is the distance your wheels are sticking out from under your fenders?
Sponsored

Last edited: