Sponsored

6 speed manual now detuned from 270hp to 228hp?

Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
The Toyota build page shows that the 6 spd hp is now listed at only 228hp across the board, not the previous 270hp as shown in the Sport/OR model. Does anyone know if Toyota changed the tune in all 6 spd models?
Sponsored

AnotherRandomWhiteGuy

First Name
Another
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2001
MT is 270hp. They're website and build featute seems to always have inaccuracies and gliches. When they change things or add new models or update it some of the inaccuracies get fixed but other typos and accuracies pop up. I'm not sure why Toyota's website is so bad with flaws in that way, but it is. If I want numbers I look at the official specification documents.

I talked to a mechanical engineer who is knowledgeable on automotive. He said if you put the MT and the AT on a dyno the MT will probably get more horsepower and torque to the rear wheels as there is a lower percent loss through a manual transmission. By just looking at the numbers that AT appears slightly more powerful but it loses more force because of the complexity and the way the automatic transmission functions. So they would be equal to the back wheel if not a little less on the AT.

tacofart

First Name
JTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport 6spd
The SR Auto gets the 228 HP, its sometimes mislabeled for the M/T. The M/T is the same HP on all the trims that use it
Sponsored