A moment of worry with a funny end

NHEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 SR5
While driving from New Hampshire to Glacier National Park, as we crossed the ND/Montana state line on US 2, which is in the middle of no-where. A ticking sound started somewhat like a plastic fan blade hitting a housing. You gotta know, it is not a good sound to hear. I pulled over and looked, nothing. Again, I took off and the ticking started again. I kept driving a little, pulling over and investigating. Finally after doing this like 5 times, I found the cause. After a bit over 11,000 miles, this driveshaft label worked an end loose and was whacking the heat shield. You cannot imagine the relief I felt to simply pull this thing the rest of the way off and solve the noise problem.

2024 Tacoma A moment of worry with a funny end IMG_3040
Sponsored

ORHV

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR Premium Hybrid
While driving from New Hampshire to Glacier National Park, as we crossed the ND/Montana state line on US 2, which is in the middle of no-where. A ticking sound started somewhat like a plastic fan blade hitting a housing. You gotta know, it is not a good sound to hear. I pulled over and looked, nothing. Again, I took off and the ticking started again. I kept driving a little, pulling over and investigating. Finally after doing this like 5 times, I found the cause. After a bit over 11,000 miles, this driveshaft label worked an end loose and was whacking the heat shield. You cannot imagine the relief I felt to simply pull this thing the rest of the way off and solve the noise problem.

IMG_3040.jpeg
A happy ending…!