Apple Car Play: Music volume stays loud when listening to text messages

vtdano

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
So I recommend everyone that is having this issue open a case with Toyota Brand Engagement Center here: https://support.toyota.com/s/questi...Z*MTcyOTE3NDI1NS4zLjEuMTcyOTE3NDI2Mi41My4wLjA.

This is the intiial response I got from them, which has not details and put the case in a 'pending' state. I have sent a reply to ask for further details, and the opportunity to engage with an engineer because that is what it is going to take to get this resolved.

Case #XXXXXXX0858
Log OutMultimedia Technology
Apple CarPlay

Dear Danny.

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Apple Carplay in your new 2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport! Congratulations on your new purchase. We appreciate the opportunity to assist!

Apple Carplay does not mute when you receive a message. If you feel like you are experiencing an abnormal condition, we recommend having the vehicle diagnosed by a Toyota dealer to confirm.

Because we are unable to directly inspect your vehicle, we are not able to provide a technical diagnosis for the concern you are experiencing. Toyota dealer technicians are specialized in the diagnosis and repair of Toyota vehicles. They are provided with extensive training and have access to state-of-the-art equipment to accurately diagnose and repair your Toyota. To get information for your local Toyota dealer please visit www.Toyota.com/dealers .

If you would like for us to contact your local dealership on your behalf to schedule an appointment for a diagnosis, please respond to this comment with the best phone number(s) to reach you and the dealership you would like to visit.

Please know, your comment has been documented at our National Headquarters under your reference number XXXXXXXX0858. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Nick

Toyota Brand Engagement Center
This is the response I posted to Nick's answer:

Hello Nick,

Thanks for your response. The answer provided is vague, other than stating that I should take the new Tacoma back to the dealership. Are you stating that 'Apple Carplay does not mute' and that's how it is supposed to work, or just reiterating my issue? I know that Apple Carplay is 'supposed to mute' because that is how it works in every other vehicle, with the exception of those using the new Toyota infotainment system. I would like to get clarification and request that my issue be escalated to an engineer in designing if possible? I am happy to work with them to help troubleshoot, as I have access to both the vehicle and several different models of iPhone to be sure that we are capturing the right information. Please let me know how I can assist in resolving this issue, local technicians at the dealership are not going to have access to the software debugging that may be required to investigate this further. Apple Carplay identifies the state of certain applications when in use, and mutes the audio when an application that is open on the phone is supposed to do that. For example, if I open 'X' formerly known as Twitter, that application has the ability to play sound over Carplay, so it automatically mutes the Sirius XM radio to take precedence over the audio in the car. It is my understanding that the Toyota infotainment App is new, therefore it could require an engagement with Apple in order to fully work as it should. Thanks for your help, and please let me know if you need additional details.

Thank you!

Danny
Sponsored

32spoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Your message has been submitted under reference number: 241017000418

I added to the incoming complaints and advised them that this problem did not effect my two gen 3 tacomas.

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
So I recommend everyone that is having this issue open a case with Toyota Brand Engagement Center here: https://support.toyota.com/s/questi...Z*MTcyOTE3NDI1NS4zLjEuMTcyOTE3NDI2Mi41My4wLjA.

This is the intiial response I got from them, which has not details and put the case in a 'pending' state. I have sent a reply to ask for further details, and the opportunity to engage with an engineer because that is what it is going to take to get this resolved.

Case #XXXXXXX0858
Log OutMultimedia Technology
Apple CarPlay

Dear Danny.

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Apple Carplay in your new 2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport! Congratulations on your new purchase. We appreciate the opportunity to assist!

Apple Carplay does not mute when you receive a message. If you feel like you are experiencing an abnormal condition, we recommend having the vehicle diagnosed by a Toyota dealer to confirm.

Because we are unable to directly inspect your vehicle, we are not able to provide a technical diagnosis for the concern you are experiencing. Toyota dealer technicians are specialized in the diagnosis and repair of Toyota vehicles. They are provided with extensive training and have access to state-of-the-art equipment to accurately diagnose and repair your Toyota. To get information for your local Toyota dealer please visit www.Toyota.com/dealers .

If you would like for us to contact your local dealership on your behalf to schedule an appointment for a diagnosis, please respond to this comment with the best phone number(s) to reach you and the dealership you would like to visit.

Please know, your comment has been documented at our National Headquarters under your reference number XXXXXXXX0858. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Nick

Toyota Brand Engagement Center
Done
Sponsored