Sponsored

At this point would it be stupid to buy a 2024 TRD Pro instead of waiting for a 2025?

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
I mean sure wait. They like all the above the rumors will start that says the 26 will be adding X to upgrade it and then the 27 will add Y. I mean that is just how cars/trucks have gone for decades. At some point you just have to jump in or just stay out for good. There will always be a better something the next next year. To think the 25's will be cheaper, well I guess that is as good of a guess as playing the lottery. No one has a clue what 25 will bring.
Sponsored

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
I have had a TRD Pro on order for the past two months and the delivery date keeps getting pushed out. At this point I'm wondering if I should just cancel the order and wait for the 2025 model year..... They usually come out in Octoberish which is only 3 months away.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?
That's what I've chosen to do. There is no advantage to buying now. Pricing will be better as will availability. Let's hope they also fix some of the suspension, transmission, electronics and drivetrain issues as well.

CrispyTacoLover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma and 4Runner Off-road
I have had a TRD Pro on order for the past two months and the delivery date keeps getting pushed out. At this point I'm wondering if I should just cancel the order and wait for the 2025 model year..... They usually come out in Octoberish which is only 3 months away.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?
What color do you want? Mudbath will be new for 25, but I don’t know if Terra or Underground gets dropped.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
What model year it is only really matters if you plan to sell it quickly. Most hard core Taco fans keep their trucks for a long while, which is why quality and dependability are important to us.

And yes, I know there have been issues, but I still trust Toyota to build me the best midsize out there.

So in the short term a 2025 will be worth a bit more than a 2024, but in the long run it doesn't really make any difference. Adding another year of not having my dream truck is not worth saving some coin to me.

Sponsored

907Yota

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Toyota Xtracab 4WD
I am in the exact same boat, waiting for an SR5 four-wheel-drive extra cab. Toyota has manufactured less than a half dozen of them as near as I can tell. (and zero have been shipped to Alaska)

My self imposed deadline has always been July, and we are halfway through the month.

I’m just going to wait a few months and see if they start making them, and better yet making them as 2025s. It just puts me one more year ahead of the depreciation curve.

As some of the other commenters mentioned, it gives them a little more time to sort out a few of the glitches that have been popping up.

lakerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Up here, your looking at over 90000, for something that depreciates in value, thats 10x more than my first toyota pickup, almost a fulls year wage, pretend to be rich work longer or pay off some debt have financial freedom, pick your path wisely we all have an expiratation date.
Sponsored