Autobull / Amazon Side Steps

kaliforniaman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I was getting a lot of flack from tiny folks trying to get into the truck. I really like the rock slider step look, but options are limited and expensive. I want to find something that is functional, but also drops to an angle that will provide accessibility to the height challenged. Last, protection from door dings.

My temporary solution is a set of inexpensive steps by Autobull via Amazon. They retail for $369, but Amazon Deal Days had them discounted to $287

Arrived in 2 days, and installed in about 3 hours using a set of jack stands to assist with place. Pretty simple, no need for detailed photos.

“Running Boards Compatible with 2024 Toyota Tacoma Double/Crew Cab 4 Full Doors, 6" 2-Stairs Side Step Rails Coated Black Carbon Steel Nerf Bars”

The good: they work, provide assistance and make cleaning the roof easier. The fit and finish are solid. They have thee brackets per side, each bracket held by two body screws. The brackets attach to the steps with two screws.

The bad: They attach to the body. It puzzles me why, when Toyota provides threaded holes in the frame, they don’t use them.

The Jack points are still accessible, and it does provide some degree of door ding protection.

2024 Tacoma Autobull / Amazon Side Steps DB8BBE0F-D582-428A-8918-F23B1691D337
Sponsored