Best Spot For Fuse Tap - Aftermarket TRD Pro Grille Install

BIGPZA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off-Road
I've been working through the first couple of mods for my '24 TRD Off-Road, and last weekend I put in the TRD Pro Grille from Aspire, which includes 3 Raptor lights and a cheap LED bar. The Raptor lights are powered by a fuse tap, but whatever I've got going on right now isn't optimal.

For starters, the Raptor lights are turning on intermittedly when the truck is off, I don't really know how often, but I've caught it twice. The first time, I moved the fuse tap from the INJ 10A fuse in the driver side fuse box to the INT 10A fuse in the same box. Just caught it doing the same thing. I know there's a proper fuse for the DRLs behind the glove box...but I can't figure out for the life of me how to get the damn cover off the fuse box once you remove the door behind the glove box. Plus, I shutter to think at how big of a pain it would be to break through the passenger side firewall and snake a wire into that tiny fuse box. It's tight in there, and ya boy got fat fingers.

Speaking of DRLs, I'm not sure if it's even possible, but I'm wondering if I blew the fuse for the DRLs at some point during my wiring escapades, because since I've installed the new grille and lights, my DRLs aren't running. So, it'd be nice to get into that fuse box behind the glove box whether I end up moving the fuse tap to that box or not.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BIGPZA

BIGPZA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off-Road
Was able to find some good info on interior fuse box on the dash cam thread from a while back. Not sure it's going to be possible to tap into anything there because the cover won't clear the fuse tap. Anyone have experience tapping into that fuse box?