Boost gauge bad boy

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
Hello I have 903 miles on my 24 SR 6SPEED 4X4. I am really enjoying the shifting and have used 4H 4L a lil bit in the fields on the property. Still old man baby driving in eco mode till 1000 miles then will try sport and using more boost. I had two drips on foot during heat wave extreme humidity for PA I looked for crack and could not find any thing under there and have not had any drips since I think I am good but am aware of others with 24 Tacoma and cracks in plastic causing leaks. 1st to second is becoming more natural for me but the modern pace of traffic mash pedal my life sucks impatient people on my ass is a regular occurrence. There is constant anger in any vehicle behind me. My dealership does a lifetime engine warranty and I got the extended warranty 500 bucks over dealer cost so I feel prepared regardless of what happens. I asked for 7% off msrp and they also threw in 2 years maintenance and lifetime state inspections. I am a professional motorcycle mechanic and currently have 7 motorcycles. After 1000 mile break in I will try to fit 2 dirt bikes in bed and then see how a sport bike fits. In high school I dreamed of a GMC cyclone or typhoon turbo truck and now my dreams have come true. Glad to join the community and hope we don’t have issues. I have been there in 2015 with a Yamaha R1 one month after I got the bike I got a letter from Yamaha saying do not ride 2nd gear of transmission is recalled for replacement. Recall performed and I have just over 10k and still own That bike. With warranty and lemon laws I sleep easy with first year but everything now is a total pain in the ass so I hope no trouble and will not be chirping tires shifting to second or third anymore. My intentions are to shift around slowly like a old fart. Boost gauge is trouble! I love it!
Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
No matter how humid it is you should not have any drips on your foot. If my truck did that I would talk to the dealer about it and at least get your concern recorded with them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TurboTruck!

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You’re right and I will let them know about the drips. Just because I can’t see a crack and have not had any further drips does not mean it’s ok. I just didnt want my dash taking apart an have to wait for parts. There are people doing lemon law over this water on gas pedal in 24 tacoma totally dont want to go through that process for a second time.

vfracer

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Congrats on your new truck. Fellow motorcycle owner (KTM 350 and two Honda sport bikes). My KTM fits great in the back with the tailgate up.

OP
OP
TurboTruck!

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will post pictures of various motorcycles in the 24 Tacoma soon. I had a 2015 husqvarna 350 dual sport in California for like 5500 miles epic motor very fun desert pre runner.

Rocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd w/upgrade
I have the 5 ft bed and just got back from a trip with two ktm 500's in the back, no problems. The tailgate was down obviously but works well. I use a Ready Ramp, which also folds up into a bed extender. It just barely fits behind the two back wheels, but a nice addition. So much nicer of a trip than in my 2nd gen.
Sponsored