Sponsored

Camber issue on 2024 TRD Pro suspension?

Wighty

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Off Road
I have a little over 1000 miles on my Pro. Yesterday, I noticed my front wheels are now canted inward. I'm assuming this has to do with the break in with the suspension and it just needs to be adjusted. Can anyone with suspension knowledge confirm? I have an appointment on Monday. Anyone else with a Pro noticed this on yours?

2024 Tacoma Camber issue on 2024 TRD Pro suspension? tempImageNrmR9T

2024 Tacoma Camber issue on 2024 TRD Pro suspension? tempImage8zEQT
Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Still waiting on my Pro but most of the pictures that I have seen show positive camber like yours. I assumed that was on purpose, but maybe they all need an alignment.

OP
OP
Wighty

Wighty

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Off Road
Still waiting on my Pro but most of the pictures that I have seen show positive camber like yours. I assumed that was on purpose, but maybe they all need an alignment.
I know the Tundra Pros had similar issues with the alignment where the tires were wearing on outside edge.

Sponsored

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
I assume it’s probably for a reason, something to do with keeping a certain geometry while turning, I’ll wait for an experts take so I can learn as well

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Disclaimer: I am far from being a suspension expert.

I can't find camber specs for a 2024 TRD Pro. The best I could do was find the specs for a 2023. The front camber range was between -0.3 and +0.8 degrees. So some positive camber is allowed but I am also guessing that @Wighty's truck is more than that.

In a couple of threads on 2023 Pros owners often found various specs from different Toyota dealer and many had excessive outside tire wear. Toyota must know what the camber should be, but I don't know how you find that information. Some people had better luck taking their trucks to independent alignment shops.

I would love to find the real specs so we can sort this out before we start wearing out the OEM tires on our new trucks.

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disclaimer: I am far from being a suspension expert.

I can't find camber specs for a 2024 TRD Pro. The best I could do was find the specs for a 2023. The front camber range was between -0.3 and +0.8 degrees. So some positive camber is allowed but I am also guessing that @Wighty's truck is more than that.

In a couple of threads on 2023 Pros owners often found various specs from different Toyota dealer and many had excessive outside tire wear. Toyota must know what the camber should be, but I don't know how you find that information. Some people had better luck taking their trucks to independent alignment shops.

I would love to find the real specs so we can sort this out before we start wearing out the OEM tires on our new trucks.
Extra wear aside, factory tires don’t last all that long anyway, is this different for trucks?

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Extra wear aside, factory tires don’t last all that long anyway, is this different for trucks?
No, most factory truck tires don't usually last all that long either. I guess if the front end eats the OEM tires and we get the alignment sorted out, it will be kinder to the Grapplers or KO3s that we put on next.

I always thought that was kind of a feature, because I almost never would have selected the OEM tires manufacturers put on their trucks.

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, most factory truck tires don't usually last all that long either. I guess if the front end eats the OEM tires and we get the alignment sorted out, it will be kinder to the Grapplers or KO3s that we put on next.

I always thought that was kind of a feature, because I almost never would have selected the OEM tires manufacturers put on their trucks.
yeah im hoping to get 285 ko3s for my pro whenever it comes but they dont seem to be available in Canada yet

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
yeah im hoping to get 285 ko3s for my pro whenever it comes but they dont seem to be available in Canada yet
I think they are my top choice too, although I will bash the Goodyear Territory tires for a while, particularly until I know the front end is sorted.

I have heard nothing but good about the KO3s, better even than the KO2s.

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Took it to the dealer for the alignment today. Here’s the before and after…
Well I guess I'm adding this to the list of things I want the master tech to check before I pick the truck up

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
FWIW, I had an alignment done at one shop, then went to a dealer to have some other service done and they put the alignment sensors on the wheels as they usually do and told me it was out.

So I'm always skeptical of those little machines they use at the dealership.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
@Wighty So it was definitely way too much positive camber in the front, as it appeared. That will save you some front tire wear.

Another good thing to know about and check on a new TRD Pro.
Sponsored