CCW Solutions?

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
Looking to see what people are doing for their CCW storage. I don’t want to keep it in the glove box or center console and would love to find something to maybe secure it to the side of the center console in front of my seat for easier access.
Anybody come up with a creative solution yet?
Sponsored

hoodouken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2021 Subaru Outback, 2024 TRD OR Tacoma
In the same boat but I don't normally keep my firearm in the vehicle i appendix carry. But, for those times I have to go into a gov't bldg and park across the street definitely needing a lockable storage area. This one of the reasons I wanted the back seat storage over hybrid.

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
An old timer once told me if you ever have to kill someone do not tell another living soul ever. I think you can figure out where to stash your piece and this is more about letting a whole forum of strangers know you carry a gun. I have never killed anyone but I hurt someone’s feelings once.

OP
OP
NewtoToyota

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
That’s very helpful turbotruck, I was looking for an actual solution though.
After some research I did find the molle panel that fits around the center console which I think may be a good solution.
I live in Idaho so I think everyone here carry’s a gun.
Oh and don’t worry about hurting my feelings but maybe think about providing helpful responses to other owners since I thought that was what this forum was about.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
If you don’t have the hybrid, there are many under seat solutions out there that could be bolted down under the rear seat.

I don’t know if the new taco front seat has more clearance than the 3rd gen, but if so, there are solutions that fit there too.

Or you could just replace your passenger headrest with one of these bad boys. Though my OCD would want matching headrests:

https://www.theheadrestsafe.com/pages/shop

Sponsored

OP
OP
NewtoToyota

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
Whoa that headrest is pretty cool but like you my OCD couldn’t handle mismatched headrests.
I have found a lot of stuff for older gens but no much for the new gen.
I am thinking something like this to mount it. I will never leave it in my car alone so i really just want an easy place to store it not necessarily stow it. I am a skinny guy so riding very far appendix carrying gets uncomfortable.

2024 Tacoma CCW Solutions? IMG_6124

32spoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
If you don’t have the hybrid, there are many under seat solutions out there that could be bolted down under the rear seat.

I don’t know if the new taco front seat has more clearance than the 3rd gen, but if so, there are solutions that fit there too.

Or you could just replace your passenger headrest with one of these bad boys. Though my OCD would want matching headrests:

https://www.theheadrestsafe.com/pages/shop
I have a headrest safe for my gen 3 Tacoma. The head rest safe is way too large to not only fit into the stock headrest location, but to elevate it on the rails would look hideous and also stand out like a sore thumb. The headrest safe is a great setup, especially when getting it reupholstered to the stock interior fabric. It is heavy and clunks a little bit.

my CCW is in Kalifornia, so a locking safe is mandatory. I am waiting for my
Local dealership to get a console safe, then I can see if my full sized range toy/1911 will fit.

32spoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Whoa that headrest is pretty cool but like you my OCD couldn’t handle mismatched headrests.
I have found a lot of stuff for older gens but no much for the new gen.
I am thinking something like this to mount it. I will never leave it in my car alone so i really just want an easy place to store it not necessarily stow it. I am a skinny guy so riding very far appendix carrying gets uncomfortable.

IMG_6124.jpeg
I have a IWB at 3 o’clock and can drive all day with it. Govt length 1911

OP
OP
NewtoToyota

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
I have a IWB at 3 o’clock and can drive all day with it. Govt length 1911
I’ll try shifting to 3 o’clock while I drive today and see if that helps. I need to also take a look at my holster and maybe do some trimming. I have a wing on mine and that is the part that digs into me while driving.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NewtoToyota

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
I would suggest considering this style, not only does it conceal really well, but the comfort level is exceptional. I go home and sometimes flop down on my couch and forget I still have a 1911 on my hip.

https://nightingaleleather.com/products/raptor-iwb-inside-the-waistband-holster
That even looks comfortable. Mine is kydex and has a lot of extra material down low. I’m gonna take the dremel to it to see what I can do but if it’s still giving me issues that holster is definitely something I’d consider.
Thanks, I appreciate the responses!

32spoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
That even looks comfortable. Mine is kydex and has a lot of extra material down low. I’m gonna take the dremel to it to see what I can do but if it’s still giving me issues that holster is definitely something I’d consider.
Thanks, I appreciate the responses!
You are welcome, DM me anytime and I can talk on the phone with you… I have tried different types of holsters.

hoodouken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2021 Subaru Outback, 2024 TRD OR Tacoma
I'm not a big guy and drive appendix. It's not comfortable but it's not bad enough I would change my carry position. Full size carry as well.
I use crossbreed holsters. Kydex on the front but nice comfy leather on the back with claw as well.

I don't think it will be too long before an under the back seat lockable storage comes out.

kaliforniaman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
A couple of options I looked at. I’d like the cash register drawer style lock box, but there’s not a lot of room and an incredible amount of wiring under the drivers seat. You would have to raise the seat with lifting blocks. Another option is Stopbox is in Post Falls, ID., and they were making a really neat solution that normally fits between the center console and the seat. I haven’t tried either yet.
2024 Tacoma CCW Solutions? IMG_5169
2024 Tacoma CCW Solutions? C8D93FC3-A450-49DC-BCC2-B8BE9B25EC13

OP
OP
NewtoToyota

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
Thanks Kaliforniaman, that stop box if it fits would be an excellent option. Appreciate you sharing.
Sponsored