DRL Canadian vs American

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Just bought those pop in DRL lights that replace the stock teardrop trim piece. Forgot only the Pro gets the luxury of having the nice LED DRL as pictured below, my DRL is just the projector housing lit up.

When I brought this up to Facebook someone recommended switching my turn signal bulbs to LED so I'll also have clear LED lighting on my turn signals as my DRL which made me realize, it seems like some folks have both their projector bulbs AND turn signal lights on as their DRL.

On a YouTube comment someone else brought this up that only their projector housing lit up as their DRL and a reply told them on their steering wheel stock you can toggle your DRL, I don't remember seeing that option on mine though and it's way too late tonight to run out and check.

I know Canada and US have different daytime running light requirements from what I heard and I remember seeing a similar topic way back when the truck first hit dealers. So am I forever doomed with the single projector as my DRL? Do I have to wait for a TRD Pro to get Tboned so I can rob the headlight housings from it? Lol

I've never thought I'd ever be bummed out about my DRL but yet here I am, the look just won't be the same without at the very least having my signals as my DRL, I wonder if there's a workaround 🤔🤔

2024 Tacoma DRL Canadian vs American Screenshot_20240911_142235_Amazon Shoppin
Sponsored