Mitch

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
2024 Tacoma Engine built date image

The barcode on the valve cover gives you the date and time your engine was assembled at the TMMAL My engine was assembled on April 12 @ 10:19 pm Knowing this date could be helpful in any recall or problem because they can traced the engine history and confirm any assembly or machining abnormalities and any repair history.
Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
image.jpg

The barcode on the valve cover gives you the date and time your engine was assembled at the TMMAL My engine was assembled on April 12 @ 10:19 pm Knowing this date could be helpful in any recall or problem because they can traced the engine history and confirm any assembly or machining abnormalities and any repair history.
No year code?

OP
OP

Mitch

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The model year of the truck denotes the month/year that the engine was built. If the barcode had 12221015 it would had been built on December 22 at 10:15 am for a 2024 model

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
The model year of the truck denotes the year that the engine was built
Yeah.....no. I don't think Toyota has a time machine and getting engines from the future for the MY25 units that are made in 2024.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mitch

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not buying this
I retired from working at TMMK powetrain department and used to put these labels on the engines as part of my work. These labels also identify engines by different trim and transmission for inventory control and sequence with the body assembly plant
Sponsored