Sponsored

Extended wheel studs

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Anyone here running extended wheel studs?

I just received a set of wheels I ordered and am somewhat unsatisfied with the level of thread engagement I have with a set of conical lug nuts. Unfortunately, the wheels won't accept an ET lug nut, so I feel like the only option available is to swap the wheel studs. Huge pain for just a set of wheels, but don't feel like I have any other option. Unless someone knows of a ET lug option with a shank diameter of less than 0.57"..... (most are 0.62", which is standard).

I saw a couple threads on Tacomaworld that discussed some of the options on the 3G, but wondering if anyone knows if the stud length specs (sans the larger diameter) are the same on our 4Gs?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gurvy522

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I guess to answer my own question to a certain extent - further research shows the stock part number for the wheel studs as 90942-02083, which is the same one as the Tundra. Makes sense with the switch to M14-1.5 studs.

With that being said.... guess the same replacements for the Tundra should work for our 4Gs?

https://www.blackhawkjapan.com/products/kyo-ei-sblc-1

These seem to be about 10mm longer - should be perfect if I'm getting about 5-6 turns with the factory studs - thoughts ?

Powhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 TRD OR 6MT DCSB Underground
Yeah the Tundra studs will work, alternatively, could the lug holes on the wheels be bored out slightly larger for an ET lug nut?

OP
OP
Gurvy522

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Yeah the Tundra studs will work, alternatively, could the lug holes on the wheels be bored out slightly larger for an ET lug nut?
Hah... crossed my mind for a second but I'm not drilling out $3K wheels.

I also found another thread that had some info on a set of HR ET lugs with a 14.7 shank diameter (which would fit in the 15mm holes on my wheels). The problem is those are for 12x1.5, the 14x1.5 lugs from them are over 16mm for the ET shank.

Given the new Taco studs are the same as the Tundras, the replacement studs should be interchangable.

Anyways, I just ordered the KYO-EI studs via Japan proxy service, hopefully I'll get them in the next week or two. There's apparently an eBay option that's made in the US (bit skeptical of that), but those measure approx 70mm, so +25mm over stock. I want to use relatively low profile nuts and don't want to cut them and ruin the temper on those either, so the Japanese studs made the most sense (+10mm over stock).

I'll report back once I get them in, hopefully the install goes smooth.

OP
OP
Gurvy522

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
KYO-EI extended studs came in today. Plan on mounting them tomorrow, I'll post some pictures. But they look to be pretty nice quality. Hopefully the fitment is identical to the Tundra, I expect that it will be.

2024 Tacoma Extended wheel studs PXL_20240603_194028653
Sponsored