Falken Wildpeak A/T AT3W{A}

PullinDoubles

First Name
Bobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma TRD Sport
I just wanted to post this to see if everyone who did or is getting a Hybrid. TRD off Road at least. Knows about this. I got my TRD Off Road i-Force Max last Saturday after one month short of a year from putting down a grand to get on the list. Epic truck, super cool.

Anyway. It came with FalkenWildpeak A/T AT3WA 265 /70 R18 .

Only the Hybrid gets these supposedly. The trick is the A at the end of the AT3WA. I called Sumitomo/Falken and surprisingly got a Lady that new everything. Tire is made to Toyota specs. They wanted a quieter smoother Cheaper tire. Tire only starts out at 10/32 Tread Depth ! And has a less Aggressive tread pattern then the regular AT At3w. She said tire does not have a Tread life warranty. But should get 35 to 40. Yeah right.

I was going to be happy with the AT3WA tires and not buy tires this time. At least for a while.
Probably will start looking now. 32.6'' 18'' tires from factory is pretty cool though!
Sponsored

Taconatron

First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
18 inch wheels is not a good thing when it comes to tires. There are far fewer options.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
Those OEM tires do not have the 3PMS symbol (winter).

My hybrid came with 5hit highway tires so i got Wildpeak AT4W P-rated. 265/70R18.

Like them so far.

Sandytntn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Sport Premium 2024
I just wanted to post this to see if everyone who did or is getting a Hybrid. TRD off Road at least. Knows about this. I got my TRD Off Road i-Force Max last Saturday after one month short of a year from putting down a grand to get on the list. Epic truck, super cool. Anyway. It came with FalkenWildpeak A/T AT3WA 265 /70 R18 .
Only the Hybrid gets these supposedly. The trick is the A at the end of the AT3WA. I called Sumitomo/Falken and surprisingly got a Lady that new everything. Tire is made to Toyota specs. They wanted a quieter smoother
Cheaper tire. Tire only starts out at 10/32 Tread Depth ! And has a less Aggressive tread pattern then the regular AT At3w. She said tire does not have a Tread life warranty. But should get 35 to 40. Yeah right.
I was going to be happy with the AT3WA tires and not buy tires this time. At least for a while.
Probably will start looking now. 32.6'' 18'' tires from factory is pretty cool though!
Can you post of pic? I want something a little more aggressive looking for TRD Sport but must not be noisey and hopefully not kill MPG. Thanks.

Sponsored

Old Man

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
Nothing new... Toyota along with other mfg’s have been known for putting less expensive spec’d name brand tires on their vehicles. My 24 Taco-Sport came through with Michlin and replaced them with KO3’s at 400 miles…

ORHV

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR Premium Hybrid
Yup, cheap azz oem tires BUT, at least (hybrids) get 5 of them…!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
i picked up my hybrid OR about a week ago. love the truck. Toyota states the payload as 1705 lbs for the hybrid OR (and for my VIN specifically). but the door plate states 1200 lbs. at first i thought this was due to the OEM tires, but the Falkens on my truck have a load index of 116. any idea what is going on here?
Sponsored