Sponsored

New Tacoma Incoming

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
New Tacoma on the way.

Currently have 22 Corolla HB XSE but need/want a truck. Did a ton of research over the last several months. Weeding through the good, bad, and ugly. Started out looking at all mid size trucks; Canyon, Colorado, Raptor and Tacoma all in the equivalent trim and options to the one we bought. Sport Premium. I like all the bells and whistles, always have.

After all the research, comparing the best pricing I could get around a 200 mile radius ended up with the Tacoma.

24 Sport, Underground, Premium pkg and mud flaps. It is on the train in Chicago and should get it in 1-2 weeks they say.

Super excited. Will throw up pics and mod list when it arrives.
Sponsored

guitarist alec

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport 4X4 Longbed Premium
Congrats 🎉 my Sport 4x4 Premium 6ft bed Blue Crush is on a train (same one?) and should arrive in about 2 weeks 😄 saying goodbye to a 2nd gen 2012

Taconatron

First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
Congrats. Almost there. My ORP Oxide sway bar is at the port and waiting for it to travel 180 miles to Austin.

Dataman

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 1st Gen Toyota Tacoma
Awesome! Got my truck about 5 weeks ago. Had to wait a couple of months to get it from the factory. Blue '24 Sport with premium toys. Absolutely love this truck!

Sponsored

OP
OP
goin2drt

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it today. Did a lot to it on day one.

2024 TRD Sport Premium, muds guards in Ice Cap.

Journey started a while back once the new Tacoma was announced. Decided I wanted to trade in the Corolla HB (work car) for a new truck. Did a ton of research, drove and checked out all options and ultimately started dealing on bottom line price on all trucks before going with the Tacoma. Colorado, Canyon, Ranger and Tacoma. All in the highest trims right below the Pro/Bison etc (extreme off road). Ultimately based on looks, price, deal, options, resale and a couple other reasons the Tacoma won out.

I bought it from another state and it was delivered to me. I have zero affiliation but if you want a good deal and a no hassle transaction give Jimmy Palmer at Toyota Direct in Columbus Ohio a call. They were an UNDER MSRP dealer. No one near me could come even close although I try to give local shops my business. One was even over MSRP and another did the whole "add a bunch of useless crap on" dealer.

Lastly, I was going to get Underground. I was torn between the 2. They had white in stock and UG was in transit. I waited 2 weeks for the UG and when it got delayed another 2 weeks I felt it was a sign to just get the white so I did.

Already in the first few hours I did all the following (pics attached)
  1. Installed/hardwired my radar detector. Blendmount with tap a fuse to the passenger fuse box.
  2. Removed snowplow
  3. Removed tailgate 4x4 logo
  4. Removed the TRD Sport stickers on the bed (super easy I guess I got lucky)
  5. Installed Husky mats
  6. Installed hitch cover
  7. Installed cubby organizer
  8. Installed screen protector
  9. Installed Lasfit LED turns
  10. Removed all the stickers on the visors (I don't need to hear it from the Nanny's, my truck)
Tomorrow it goes in the get the front windows tinted.

Lastly here is the final list of mods and then we will just drive it. All will be completed at a customer on mine shop in town.
  1. Trifold bed cover. OE Toyota one
  2. Rough Country front leveling kit. Alignment
  3. Rough Country powered side steps
  4. OE Toyota rubber bed mat.
  5. 2024 Tacoma New Tacoma Incoming IMG_8407
    2024 Tacoma New Tacoma Incoming IMG_8404
    2024 Tacoma New Tacoma Incoming IMG_8392
    2024 Tacoma New Tacoma Incoming IMG_8396
    2024 Tacoma New Tacoma Incoming IMG_8402
    2024 Tacoma New Tacoma Incoming IMG_8407
    2024 Tacoma New Tacoma Incoming IMG_8404
    2024 Tacoma New Tacoma Incoming IMG_8407
    2024 Tacoma New Tacoma Incoming IMG_8396

Sponsored
OP
OP
goin2drt

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed the @Muslogy Auto Matte CF interior dressing. It is nice quality and I think look snice but I am a sucker for carbon fiber.

2024 Tacoma New Tacoma Incoming IMG_8488

2024 Tacoma New Tacoma Incoming IMG_8489

OP
OP
goin2drt

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well today I did vinyl on the silver part of the wheels. I will eventually get new wheels but for now I wanted to give this a go as I do not like the silver on the wheels. I tried the pre-cut stuff. After trying one wheel I sent it back. The Oracle 981 vinyl is the best to use as it is thin and VERY STICKY which you need on the wheels. However even just peeling it off the backing on the pre-cut stuff it stretches and it is IMPOSSIBLE to install.

I bought 2' x 7' of Anthracite vinyl from RVinyl. It is a shade lighter than the OE color but it is pretty darn close with the flake in it. This job is not for the faint of heart. It took me about 3 hours to do all 4. It is definitely not perfect and maybe you could get a vinyl pro to do them. This was about $20 and all my time so it was worth it for me.
2024 Tacoma New Tacoma Incoming IMG_8392
2024 Tacoma New Tacoma Incoming IMG_8575
2024 Tacoma New Tacoma Incoming IMG_8576
2024 Tacoma New Tacoma Incoming IMG_8577

OP
OP
goin2drt

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed the Redline hood struts. 10 min. These folks may do the best instructions in the industry. Not that it is tough but seriously a completely incapable wrench could do this with their instructions.
2024 Tacoma New Tacoma Incoming IMG_8581
2024 Tacoma New Tacoma Incoming IMG_8582
Sponsored