New to Tacoma, but big fan of Toyota

earlfo

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lexus 350
I currently drive a 2015 Lexus ES350. I truly love this car, but it cannot really tow much.

Time to move on to a truck. I am trying to stay as close to a Lexus ES 350 ride as possible.

Thus, the 2024 Toyota Tacoma Limited with Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS). I would like the hybrid engine as well to make it a little more fun to drive.

Find one of these on a lot you can take for a test drive. Nowhere to be seen. Put down at least $500 - $1000 and wait for months to get a test drive and hope you love it enough to pay over $60,000 and take it home. If not, back to the drawing board with some other brand and go through the same process. Not exactly how I am used to buying a new car. I want what I want though, so the journey begins soon.

Now just to find a dealer who is willing to sell for sticker price and no mark-up...
Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
I was waiting to test drive a hybrid as well. Currently have a 2013 Tundra had test driven gen 3 Tacomas in the past but the power train was horrible. I test drove a non hybrid last week and was shocked how well the new power train drove! It’s absolutely night and day compared to the gen 3. Im sure the hybrid will be better! Very few hybrids available but if your In the hunt try here?

https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/thre...eals-on-2024-tacomas-đź’µ-purchase-leasing.2039/

mcrwlrpro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Pro, 2016 Lexus ES 350
Welcome, Earl! I have a 2016 ES 350 with 181,000 miles and it still rides like a dream. Good luck with your search.

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500, Honda Pioneer 1000
I currently drive a 2015 Lexus ES350. I truly love this car, but it cannot really tow much.

Time to move on to a truck. I am trying to stay as close to a Lexus ES 350 ride as possible.

Thus, the 2024 Toyota Tacoma Limited with Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS). I would like the hybrid engine as well to make it a little more fun to drive.

Find one of these on a lot you can take for a test drive. Nowhere to be seen. Put down at least $500 - $1000 and wait for months to get a test drive and hope you love it enough to pay over $60,000 and take it home. If not, back to the drawing board with some other brand and go through the same process. Not exactly how I am used to buying a new car. I want what I want though, so the journey begins soon.

Now just to find a dealer who is willing to sell for sticker price and no mark-up...
If your not in a hurry you could wait for a 2025 4runner. Similar drivetrain and towing capability as 2024 Tacoma.

Oldmanstaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 v6 4wd tacoma
Been on the fence also waiting to check out a 4g taco hybrid. Right now we've been very happy with our 12 year prius. My brother has a 2021 rave4 hybrid thats been flawless so far putting out amazing power for the mpg's it gets. I swear it pulls my 1500 lb. boat, and gear just as easy, or easier than my tacoma.
So far there's really nothing to find wrong with my 3rd gen taco either thats going to make me trade up anytime soon, but those hybrids have peaked my interest.

Sponsored

Clay is the Way

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR

Not sure what state you are in, but in So Cal Longo Toyota in El Monte had about a dozen on the lot last Saturday. If you want the TRD PRO, Trail Hunter hybrid or a TRD OR premium you will have to put a deposit on an allocation. I waited 33 days for it arrive. It was worth the wait.

OP
OP
earlfo

earlfo

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lexus 350
Thanks. I am in CT...
Sponsored