Sponsored

RCI Rock Sliders installed

Dagr Wolff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off-Road Tacoma
My passenger side front m10 bolts don’t line up, I got everything loose and there’s no play
IMG_0551.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
MT-Taco

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
My passenger side front m10 bolts don’t line up, I got everything loose and there’s no play
IMG_0551.jpeg
Is had 1 that was off about 1/8 of an inch. Mark the area that is off, pull all the bolts except 1 at the opposite end let the slider down get a step bit to drill it out.
IMG_5718.jpeg

Dagr Wolff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off-Road Tacoma
Is had 1 that was off about 1/8 of an inch. Mark the area that is off, pull all the bolts except 1 at the opposite end let the slider down get a step bit to drill it out.
IMG_5718.jpeg
I see what you mean now, I was able to wrangle it some more and yep, passenger bottom rear

OP
OP
MT-Taco

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see what you mean now, I was able to wrangle it some more and yep, passenger bottom rear
Yep mine was also passenger bottom rear. I sent RCI an email but apparently they haven’t corrected it?

OP
OP
MT-Taco

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should have painted the heads of the bolts and washer black before installing…😎 They stick out like a sore thumb!

Sponsored

Dagr Wolff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off-Road Tacoma
I should have painted the heads of the bolts and washer black before installing…😎 They stick out like a sore thumb!
Why did I break out that wide plastic clip? It’s specifically pointed out in the instructions but the slider goes completely around it?

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@MT-Taco When you mention painting the bolt heads and washers do you mean the bolts that hold the tread on?

From what you and @Dagr Wolff found I guess I should be prepared to adjust that bolt location. Did you drill out the hole on the slider? I wouldn't want to drill the truck frame if it can be avoided.

@Dagr Wolff Will it be obvious what to do with the plastic clip? I assume RCI tells you to break that out, but that it isn't necessary?

Mine should be 2-4 weeks away still and it is good to hear about issues installing these sliders.

OP
OP
MT-Taco

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@MT-Taco When you mention painting the bolt heads and washers do you mean the bolts that hold the tread on?

From what you and @Dagr Wolff found I guess I should be prepared to adjust that bolt location. Did you drill out the hole on the slider? I wouldn't want to drill the truck frame if it can be avoided.

@Dagr Wolff Will it be obvious what to do with the plastic clip? I assume RCI tells you to break that out, but that it isn't necessary?

Mine should be 2-4 weeks away still and it is good to hear about issues installing these sliders.
I’ll get you detailed pictures tomorrow of the area on the slider that had to be opened up, not the pickup frame! the plastic one plugs and … I’m going to paint the bolts!

OP
OP
MT-Taco

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man - I really appreciate the help!
Lower rear passenger bolt hole needed drilled.
The instructions are clear about the plugs that need removed.
IMG_5722.jpeg

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Thanks! That wasn't a huge move on that hole and we will see if your feedback ever worked.

I will post some pictures once I get them mounted.

TrashPanda

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR Premium
Has anyone installed the angled version and had issues?
Sponsored