Sponsored

Rock Rail "Steps" - best recommendations?

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
I haven't seen this posted yet, so I figured I'd ask.

I love my TH rock rails and have no intention of getting rid of them. And since I'm not getting rid of my wife or daughter either, I am hoping there's a potential solution out there to help them get in my truck without replacing the rock rails with legit steps.

I've seen some "drop down" rock rail steps out there in Google land, but most appear to be specific to non-tubular (circular) rock rails for Jeeps and Broncos.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated. For now, my wife uses the "grab handle" to pull herself into the cabin, and grumbles a lot. I bought my daughter a step stool that stays on the back seat floor until it is needed. I'd love a more fixed, but still temporary solution that I can remove when I leave the pavement behind.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ruissimo

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
Thank you - I saw those, and can't figure out how in the world they would mount to my OEM rock rails... and I've looked at every picture available. I appreciate the input though!

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
I haven't seen this posted yet, so I figured I'd ask.

I love my TH rock rails and have no intention of getting rid of them. And since I'm not getting rid of my wife or daughter either, I am hoping there's a potential solution out there to help them get in my truck without replacing the rock rails with legit steps.

I've seen some "drop down" rock rail steps out there in Google land, but most appear to be specific to non-tubular (circular) rock rails for Jeeps and Broncos.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated. For now, my wife uses the "grab handle" to pull herself into the cabin, and grumbles a lot. I bought my daughter a step stool that stays on the back seat floor until it is needed. I'd love a more fixed, but still temporary solution that I can remove when I leave the pavement behind.

Thanks in advance.
I have not seen a TH in person, are the rails too small to step on/ use as a step?

Would rails like these stick farther out and work that way?

https://caliraisedled.com/products/trail-edition-rock-sliders-for-toyota-tacoma-2024

Lets_Taco_Bout_It

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide Trailhunter
I think I read somewhere that the OEM steps will actually mount on to the existing mounts for the rail. I'll see if I can dig that up and post a link