Shifter Company RC60F Donor or Truck drop off

tacofart

First Name
JTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport 6spd
I like my 6MT just find but I went into it knowing there were some changes needed for its future. One is a shorter throw, the other a tune to reduce revhang. Tunes are a ways out but I've been in contact with URD because those shifter plates work well to reduce throw, but they do not have access to a 2024 yet but really want one so they can develop/adapt theirs.

URD - Huntingtown, MD
A few days to develop on a truck
https://urdusa.com/contact-us/

Core Shifters - Nashville, TN
They are actively looking to make a shifter for the RC60F, they highly prefer someone local to drop off a truck but would work with mailing the shifter into them if that's the kind of situation someone is in.

Unfortunately I'm too far from either / can't mail my shifter but perhaps someone here may be in just the right spot

Any other companies we should be looking at? Not new to the car world but I'm new to the Tacoma world

Thanks
Sponsored

Sandeep1994

First Name
Sidhu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
At first when got my truck new i was not happy about transmission having bad rev hang . Changing first 3 gears was struggle . Now i have 6000 km on it . I don’t know if its just break in period or i got more use to it . Its getting better now i can shift smooth all the time . Now i dont use IMT for upshifting . And it works fine for me

OP
OP
tacofart

tacofart

First Name
JTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport 6spd
Thats good to hear at least. It hangs so bad I could probably teach a toddler to drive manual on it

Sandeep1994

First Name
Sidhu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Another thing i can say which i still dont like is . With every gear change if i rev 2500 or up . i can feel vibration on clutch pedal when depressing . I dont know if its is normal to have it . Also if come of gas pedal early give second or 2 before pressing clutch then there is no vibrations . So now i just try to shift around 2000 rpm .. let me know if thats normal or i do have to take it to dealer

M1KL83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
Another thing i can say which i still dont like is . With every gear change if i rev 2500 or up . i can feel vibration on clutch pedal when depressing . I dont know if its is normal to have it . Also if come of gas pedal early give second or 2 before pressing clutch then there is no vibrations . So now i just try to shift around 2000 rpm .. let me know if thats normal or i do have to take it to dealer
Have you read thru this thread?
Odd noise 6MT
There is some info there that helps make sense of the Ear offending noises.
I still cringe when I hear it in my 6MT OR but as I drive more I hear it less and less often but likely that's due to muscle memory getting ingrained to shift in a manner that avoids it or the transmission in breaking in? I'm hoping it's the latter but that's unlikely as the port and direct injectors probably don't change their operating procedure as transmission breaks in but who knows? I'm not a mechanic so I can't be sure either way.
What I do know is I am able to drive this transmission smoother and smoother with each passing day.
The first 750km was no picnic however.

To the OP, I'm north of the border so sadly no help with dropping of truck for scan.
Both short shifter and tune are intriguing for sure.

Cheers
Sponsored