Some dealers here are actually dealing

dknelson

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
New member. Born and raised in Texas but have lived in NE Ohio now for over 23 years. Thanks for approving my membership. I look forward to reading about your trucks and mods.

Yesterday I traded my 2022 TRD Off Road for a 2024 TRD Off Road with the premium package and most other optionsl. Got the Softex heated and cooled seats, side steps, spray in bed liner, moonroof, bed “scene lighting”, long list of other things. I specifically wanted a white one with the Softex seats and moonroof. It just happened to have a lot of other stuff too.

When I bought my 2022, it was because my wife had totalled my 2018 TRD Off Road. I had a heck of a time fining one and the few that I. fould were marked up 1500 to 5000 over sticker. I finally found a local dealer that had one in route and got it in about 4 weeks. Bought it for sticker price and got the 2.9 percent financing that they were offering at that time.

It was much easier this time. I found two local dealers who were offering some great discounts on the trucks and was really surprised at the amount they gave me for my 22 model. I actually walked out of a dealership feeling like I got a very good deal.

As for the truck. Just got it yesterday but have been looking at them and reading the reviews for several months. I loved them the first time I saw one but was hesitant about the 4 cylinder turbo. Hadn’t actually driven one until yesterday. I found it to be a very responsive motor. Plenty of power and actually quiter and smoother running that my 6 cylinder. Only time will prove durabilty and longevity but I really like it at this point.

So, I’ll be adding a tonneau probably this week. Likely the BakFlip MX4 like I had on the 22. I really liked it. Also a bed extender like I also had in the ’22. That will be about it for now.

2024 Tacoma Some dealers here are actually dealing BBE78A3F-8D14-4741-A95F-B35162B742A0

2024 Tacoma Some dealers here are actually dealing C46AE648-94D6-4885-A8BC-814EAD647D20

2024 Tacoma Some dealers here are actually dealing 422DC036-5F0A-4D62-946B-5A900DD74040

2024 Tacoma Some dealers here are actually dealing 710778CC-804B-480E-87DE-12C645CA4B55
Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
NIce truck @dknelson and it sounds like you got a good deal. Enjoy!

I agree that the 2.4 L turbo is a nice engine and a big improvement over the V6 I had in a 2nd gen Taco. I am not really worried about engine durability. It isn't like Toyota hasn't made millions of 4 bangers and they are hardly new at turbocharging. We will only know after some years have passed, but I think we are all going to be fine.