Steering Wheel Trim Chipped

McWubs

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently, 20’ WRX but 24’ ORLB on order
Has anyone noticed a small chunk missing out of their trim on the steering wheel? Got about 500 miles on my OR Premium and just noticed this. Can say with certainty I didn’t cause this.
Not sure what to do, can’t find the OEM part (maybe it’s the whole steering wheel?) think this is something a dealer would replace?

I realize this is a small detail, but for 53k it really bothers me. I’ve seen the covers you can get, worst come to worst I get a set of those and cover it up.

Truck is amazing otherwise!

IMG_6148.jpeg
Sponsored

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
Go to your Toyota dealership service department and raise the issue. You will find your answers there. How you receive those answers depends on many things. I advise a calm mental outlook. Use your social skills to receive answers from individuals that are higher up the food chain If denied any requests.

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
Go beyond your dealership to Toyota directly if you must not let up on this matter.

Last edited:

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I realize this is a small detail, but for 53k it really bothers me. I’ve seen the covers you can get, worst come to worst I get a set of those and cover it up.
I have the same/similar thing going on. Just noticed it a couple weeks ago. Had the truck under two months. Bugs me too but I figured I had no recourse as it would be considered “wear and tear”.

also noticed a chip in my door protector five minutes after driving off the dealer lot. Sucks lol

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Mine is on the actual Toyota emblem in the center of the steering wheel. Just chipped chrome paint showing the plastic underneath.

I have babied and been very careful with the interior so it’s just poor QC imo.

Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
I get that you paid a lot of money for the truck but that can be fixed really easily with a silver sharpie marker. If you are married then good luck proving that your wedding ring did not cause it.

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
“Chunk”. I mean no need for the clickbait. I’d call that a spec. Get a silver sharpie, trim piece etc. Holy cow you also better get POF done on the entire truck because boy will this be a tough ownership experience for you.

OP
OP
McWubs

McWubs

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
“Chunk”. I mean no need for the clickbait. I’d call that a spec. Get a silver sharpie, trim piece etc. Holy cow you also better get POF done on the entire truck because boy will this be a tough ownership experience for you.
A small chunk is still a chunk. Maybe chip would be more fitting.
Either way, I’ve been super diligent about taking care of it so far so I saw that and it just kinda bummed me out. Silver sharpie or paint pen is a good idea.

PPF is going to be installed too yeah, but eventually I’ll get over stuff like this. Shes only a week old at the moment. End of the day - it’s a truck

OP
OP
McWubs

McWubs

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get that you paid a lot of money for the truck but that can be fixed really easily with a silver sharpie marker. If you are married then good luck proving that your wedding ring did not cause it.
Yeah I’ll give that a shot. I think the only reason I could actually get this truck is because I’m not married lol

OP
OP
McWubs

McWubs

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is on the actual Toyota emblem in the center of the steering wheel. Just chipped chrome paint showing the plastic underneath.

I have babied and been very careful with the interior so it’s just poor QC imo.
Glad I’m not alone. They’re small details… more just annoying to know they’re there. Maybe this is just an excuse to buy a Pro wheel haha

Sponsored

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Glad I’m not alone. They’re small details… more just annoying to know they’re there. Maybe this is just an excuse to buy a Pro wheel haha
Yeah I mean honestly I get the other commenters’ points about it being small potatoes, but it does suck when it’s brand new:) in your case weeks old. Shouldn’t happen imo.

If it makes you feel any better I noticed (as mentioned) a chip in the paint on my door protectors literally right after driving off the lot. Something I should have noticed when looking it over on the lot. It bugged me for a few weeks and I thought about buying touch up paint but some other life events took priority and now after 6 weeks I’m kind of meh about it.

I also think the suggestions made above to buy a chrome pen is a good idea and I’ll probably go that route myself.

However, my windshield cowl that is starting to separate from my windshield in the middle will be brought up at my 5k maintenance appointment:)

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
When will this be for you? Keep us posted. I have the same issue. Contacted corporate and was told to bring it up at my first check up.
Sponsored