Sponsored

Swapping sr5 wheels and tires for 24 Sport- TSS issues??

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5, 2004 4Runner SR5, 2001 E55 AMG
Hello all, I’m new here and I just got my Tacoma sr5 about a month ago. I promise I used the search before posting a thread and I could quite find anything regarding my question. Anyway I found OE set off a trd sport and I would like to put them on my sr5. Not sure if anyone can give me some insight as to what I could expect from swapping to these larger wheels as I would like to keep my TSS/adas operating accurately? It seems like a pretty conservative choice and I’d imagine that my speed may be off and an alignment would be needed. Please advise, thanks.
Sponsored

tacofart

First Name
JTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport 6spd
TPMS will work fine between the two (they are the same part and MHz), do you already have these purchased? I'll have a set for sale with TPMS and <1000 miles tires im about to pull off mine next week

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TPMS will work fine between the two (they are the same part and MHz), do you already have these purchased? I'll have a set for sale with TPMS and <1000 miles tires im about to pull off mine next week
Thanks and I have not, how much are you looking to get for them? By my house a guy was selling them for 1000 and we agreed on 850. W/tpms

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No actually I found some take offs from an off road at a dealer and they installed them all for less than those

Quickreply1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I haven’t seen anyone post on this, but thought I’d try here. I recently purchased new wheels and tires on my 24 Off road. I pulled the original TPMS sensors from the OEM wheels and transferred them to the new wheels. The tech went ahead and reset my TPMS when they did the install and they haven't registered the sensors yet.

I’ve driven a couple hundred miles and put several hours on it and tried resetting the TPMS multiple times. I’m taking it back to the shop today to have them look at it, but does anyone have any ideas or has anyone experienced this yet?
2024 Tacoma Swapping sr5 wheels and tires for 24 Sport- TSS issues?? IMG_3854
2024 Tacoma Swapping sr5 wheels and tires for 24 Sport- TSS issues?? IMG_3852
Sponsored