Cali Raised LED

ELITE Sponsor
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4th Gen Tacoma
I would like to see images of your kickout rock Sliders on a long bed. Does the kickout extend close to the rear wheel well? If so that would give step up access the truck bed near the back of the cab.
Please post photos when you have them.
I'm still waiting for the right product to be available.
Unfortunately we do not have images of our kick-out sliders on a long bed. The kick-out does extend close to the rear wheel and also serves as a step to access the truck bed. If you have any more questions please let us know :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cali Raised LED

Cali Raised LED

ELITE Sponsor
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4th Gen Tacoma
Well, I went and pulled the trigger on your Rock Sliders yesterday. I'm hoping they are everything as posted. I will post photos when I have them installed on my 24 TRD OR Tacoma.
Thank you for choosing us for your rock sliders! We can't wait to see pictures of how they look once they are installed :)

OP
OP
Cali Raised LED

Cali Raised LED

ELITE Sponsor
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4th Gen Tacoma
Check out our Rock Sliders for the 24+ Tacoma! We are sending out sliders to customers already, and more are being produced and sent to powder coat!

gumbo

First Name
erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road 6MT
I went to install my step edition/no filler plate/kickout sliders on my short bed trd off road yesterday and ran into a couple obstacles that weren't covered in the installation video. There weren't written instructions included so I was just trying to use that as my guide. Are written instructions available yet? I would love to have for reference if so!

First, the hardware varied a little bit from what was listed in the video. The video says the pack includes 4 brackets, 5 half inch bolts, 5 longer half inch bolts, 19 M-10 bolts, 1 M-8 bolt and 30 washers/nuts. My kit included 5 brackets instead of 4, a zinc plate that isn't discussed or shown in the video, and a couple extra bolts, pictured below. Is all this just extra? The zinc plate is the part I'm most confused about. Could you let me know what this is for and where it should go? Is the 5th bracket also just an extra?
Tacoma slider hardware.jpg

Second, there's a cover over the gas tank that looks like it needs to be removed before the prep shown in the video begins. Doesn't look like it'll be a big deal to remove but it was unexpected.
Tacoma Gas Tank.jpg

Third, I am a little confused about what to do with the ground connections. The video shows one of these being removed and reinstalled in the rear, but my truck has two of them along the frame on the passenger side and I was just concerned with whether bolting these back on over the powder coated plates would affect the ground. I assume the threads maintain the ground, but wanted to verify with you before installing.
Tacoma ground wire.jpg

Other than this and a slight bend on one of the plates that looks like it may have been incurred during shipping, the slider quality is great and I'm excited to get them on once you can help me with my questions above!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cali Raised LED

Cali Raised LED

ELITE Sponsor
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4th Gen Tacoma
Thanks for choosing us! Lets get you setup right! If we could take this conversation via phone we could get this accomplished quickly for you! 888-385-5036

theKurt

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Here's a very specific question:

Does the trail edition stick out enough that my short family can use it as a step, but tucked in enough that my pants wont get smeared in mud when I, a tall person, gets out? I like the low profile and off road protection, but I do need some family friendly functionality. My kids whine like mules having to jump in and out and my wife has a grunt that says "I'm annoyed by this height".

RollingThunder

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Here's a very specific question:

Does the trail edition stick out enough that my short family can use it as a step, but tucked in enough that my pants wont get smeared in mud when I, a tall person, gets out? I like the low profile and off road protection, but I do need some family friendly functionality. My kids whine like mules having to jump in and out and my wife has a grunt that says "I'm annoyed by this height".
+1. Great question. I am wondering the same. Looking for step in functionality with the minimalistic nature of the rock sliders. I didn't see bedliner as a coating option for the trail sliders. Are you still offering that? Leaning towards that as it would help with traction in snow/mud/rain.

Last edited:

soupy1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR Long Bed
+1. Great question. I am wondering the same. Looking for step in functionality with the minimalistic nature of the rock sliders. I didn't see bedliner as a coating option for the trail sliders. Are you still offering that? Leaning towards that as it would help with traction in snow/mud/rain.
Ditto.

OP
OP
Cali Raised LED

Cali Raised LED

ELITE Sponsor
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4th Gen Tacoma
@RollingThunder @theKurt great questions! They stick out enough to get a toe or two on them. Not enough for a whole foot, but maybe a childs foot could work. If you intend to step on them, considers the bedliner so you dont slip! They would tuck up enough to not hit your heel on the way out. I personally have the step edition on my 4Runner (also on our tacoma), and they do not stick out super far.. I think they are the perfect combo as they offer enough step, and I still dont hit my heel on the way out!
https://caliraisedled.com/collections/rock-sliders

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cali Raised LED

Cali Raised LED

ELITE Sponsor
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4th Gen Tacoma
Maybe it's been a while since you've seen your own website, but you do not sell them with bedliner coating.
We do sell bedliner on other models, just not the 24 Tacoma. I was suggesting bedliner if the user go them on a different model, but did not communicate that effectively. I suggest the step edition for stepping, and trail edition if thats not a top priority. Powder coat works too! Thanks for the feedback!

RollingThunder

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Why not provide the bedliner option for the sliders for the new tacomas? I see you have it for 4th gen 4runners and 3rd gen tacomas?

OP
OP
Cali Raised LED

Cali Raised LED

ELITE Sponsor
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4th Gen Tacoma
Why not provide the bedliner option for the sliders for the new tacomas? I see you have it for 4th gen 4runners and 3rd gen tacomas?
We were not happy with how the bedliner was holding up. It would start to chip after some years and wheeling. We felt it best to just offer powder coat or raw on the new Tacoma slider, but still offer bedliner on the filler plate!
Sponsored