Tacoma Sport shudder / vibration

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
You’re gonna get some feedback from the engine and driveline it’s still a truck.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
You’re gonna get some feedback from the engine and driveline it’s still a truck.
Totally agree. I like trucks and find their differences a plus, but the new Taco is attracting a large number of first time truck buyers. They seem to expect that a truck is just like a car, but with a bed on the back.

You can get those, for instance a Santa Cruz, Ridgeline, or Maverick, but a Tacoma is still a truck. That is a big part of why I want one.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
I’ve noticed on my truck I’ll occasionally get a weird “vibration” when slowing down after driving real slow and coming to a stop, it comes from the rear of the truck. Seems to only do it once the truck is started and starts moving then stops for the first time. No idea what it could be only thing I can think of is the abs system checking itself. Doesn’t really bother me because it barely happens but I’m deff curious on what it is in

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Doesn’t really bother me because it barely happens but I’m deff curious on what it is in
That sounds a little like axle wrap, which Toyota trucks are famous for. Since 3rd gen Tacos have leaf springs I bet that is what you are noticing.

My 2nd gen did that bad enough that I have looked in the rear view mirror thinking someone hit my truck. My 2nd gen Tundra does it some, but much less often. It is not really a problem but just more of an irritation.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
That sounds a little like axle wrap, which Toyota trucks are famous for. Since 3rd gen Tacos have leaf springs I bet that is what you are noticing.

My 2nd gen did that bad enough that I have looked in the rear view mirror thinking someone hit my truck. My 2nd gen Tundra does it some, but much less often. It is not really a problem but just more of an irritation. If your truck has rear coils, then I have no ideas for you.
No my sr5 has coil springs

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I changed my post when I saw a 2022 SR5 in your signature. But since your truck has coils springs I don't have any ideas, sorry. Let us know if you figure that out.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
I changed my post when I saw a 2022 SR5 in your signature. But since your truck has coils springs I don't have any ideas, sorry. Let us know if you figure that out.
Like I said it’s so minor and rarely happens I don’t really care. I’ll give it to 5k miles who knows it will prob go away. I just happened to notice it. A lot of people probably wouldn’t even notice what I’m talking about lol I’m very in tune with my vehicles

docman10

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma off-road premium
I recently bought a TRD Off-road and i am experiencing an irritating shudder between 35-49 also. Like you, I brought to dealer and they told me another new truck has same vibration so it is normal. BS!! Im trying to get it resolved now back and forth with dealer. Have found a cause or resolution for your vibration ?

Sponsored

docman10

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I recently bought a TRD Off-road and i am experiencing an irritating shudder between 35-49 also. Like you, I brought to dealer and they told me another new truck has same vibration so it is normal. BS!! Im trying to get it resolved now back and forth with dealer. Have found a cause or resolution for your vibration ?
I bought at Central Maine Toyota in Waterville ME, where we summer.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
My truck has zero vibrations at any speed, so it is not normal. Some dealers will try to sleaze out of anything that they can, but don't give up.

docman10

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My truck has zero vibrations at any speed, so it is not normal. Some dealers will try to sleaze out of anything that they can, but don't give up.
I opened a case with corporate too. The service manager tries to make me feel like Im the problem, but Im not.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I opened a case with corporate too. The service manager tries to make me feel like Im the problem, but Im not.
Good call. If your dealer does not take care of you that is your best option.

I have always been told that manufacturers pay less for warranty work than what they charge customers, which is why they blow you off when they can. A good sign that you did not find a good dealer IMO.

docman10

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

My 2nd gen did that bad enough that I have looked in the rear view mirror thinking someone hit my truck. My 2nd gen Tundra does it some, but much less often. It is not really a problem but just more of an irritation.
Sponsored