Sponsored

Tacoma VIN Allocation Tracking / Delivery Timeline / Quality Inspection (QC) Hold Status

Dillon15s

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems like they are releasing a few everyday. Anyone get off the hold today get an updated delivery date?
Sponsored

calicoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TRD OR
I just checked and there are more of them that look like the hold is removed. It isn't a huge number but a lot more than there were on Friday. I can see TRD Sport, Off-Road and plain SR5 models in F status right now.
That's good news. We're never going to find out what the hold is about are we... do they even tell the distributors/dealers?

ForTheWin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I just checked and there are more of them that look like the hold is removed. It isn't a huge number but a lot more than there were on Friday. I can see TRD Sport, Off-Road and plain SR5 models in F status right now.

BTW... don't put a lot of weight on the allocation spreadsheet or the Toyota Tracker site. Neither of those is run by Toyota and Toyota actively tries to stop the data leak that enables both of those site.
Thanks Steve. To be clear, these were trucks previously in FI (freight inspection) status and now they're showing as regular F (freight) status?

Sponsored

coloktm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma TRD Offroad
That's actually a really good question and I can't answer it because there is no way for me to keep track of all the VINs of the held vehicles that I see on the reports.

Your question did prompt me to dig a little deeper though and I did notice something interesting. The ones that are in F status and NOT on hold all have a build date of 2/16 or after. There are a lot of trucks in A status that have been built but have not flipped to F status and they are on hold. All of those were built before 2/16.

Evidence suggests that whatever this hold is about was identified and corrected in production on 2/16 or thereabouts.

The consequence of that is that trucks are not going to arrive in the order in which they were built. Newer ones will arrive while the previously built ones are corrected before they can move on.

Keep in mind that my sample size may have something to do with this. I have only checked build dates on about a dozen and there does seem to be this pattern but that isn't conclusive.
you want to check an early build date (1/31) for me, ya know, just to add to the data set?

Wukong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Do the production dates track with the VIN/serial number? I know @CATOY was trying to figure that out in this thread.

If something was identified around 2/16 and we can figure out around what serial number that would definitely be something i'd want to know about my allocation.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
Do the production dates track with the VIN/serial number? I know @CATOY was trying to figure that out in this thread.

If something was identified around 2/16 and we can figure out around what serial number that would definitely be something i'd want to know about my allocation.
I don’t believe the VIN coincides with the build date as my build date on my door states 02/24 and my truck arrived at the dealer on the 8th of February. Less than 8 days to build and ship from Baja to California? My vin is one of the earlier ones and I have seen VIN numbers much higher than mine delivered before my truck. For reference, my VIN is in the early 600 range.

Sponsored

Gff313

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
The last 7 of the VIN is the serial number. That is a running count of how many trucks with the same configuration have been built. That means, each configuration has its own serial number. A low production variant could have a very low serial number but a production date after a variant with a higher serial number but much higher production numbers.
Steve I don’t guess I’m ever gonna get my Trd Sport lol remember it had a build date of Jan 2nd.

Nedloh227

First Name
Holden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I just spoke with my dealer and got a "back up" vehicle added to my deposit. My original (TRD OR premium) was built in early January and has been sitting at port since Jan 31 with no updates. They were just allocated a TRD Sport premium that has everything that I really care for still on it AND has an estimated delivery date already attached. I'm just going to take which ever comes in first.