Sponsored

Kdbradley85

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR MT
After attempting to order the OEM axle dump exhaust from a few local dealers and being unable to locate one, I found them available on the Toyota Parts Express website. The part number for the exhaust is PT226-35241-AA, and is currently on sale. After taxes and shipping it was roughly $100. It was an extremely easy installation. You want to have plenty of clearance between the rear axle and the body of the truck, so you can either jack up the truck from the frame near the driver's side rear wheel, or find a good way to park so you can do it without jacking it up, as I did. You're also gonna want to lower your spare tire to make more room to fish out the original exhaust. The most difficult part was removing the old exhaust from the rubber pipe hangers (2), but it just takes a little force to pop them free. It took about 10-15 minutes to do. You're gonna need a 14mm socket (deep) to remove and reinstall the nuts on the exhaust flange.

I haven't noticed any real difference in the sound of the exhaust. Well worth the $100 for an OEM part if you ask me!

I've attached some pictures below.

2024 Tacoma TRD Axle Dump Exhaust Installed - 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road PT226-35241-AA.JPEG

2024 Tacoma TRD Axle Dump Exhaust Installed - 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road New Exhaust.JPEG

2024 Tacoma TRD Axle Dump Exhaust Installed - 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road Exhaust with Muffler.JPEG

2024 Tacoma TRD Axle Dump Exhaust Installed - 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road Old Exhaust.JPEG

2024 Tacoma TRD Axle Dump Exhaust Installed - 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road Clearanc

Bonus Photo! My buddy just picked up his TRD Prerunner the other day. He's waited months for one to be available anywhere around MD, VA, DE, PA, NJ... and he finally found one. Not gonna lie, I'm a little jealous of those all black wheels! Great looking truck:

2024 Tacoma TRD Axle Dump Exhaust Installed - 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road TRD Prerunner.JPEG
Sponsored

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Love mine too. I got the NY top version because the OEM wasnā€™t available back then. If I hadnā€™t done that, I wouldā€™ve already crushed my exhaust at least three or four times.

OP
OP

Kdbradley85

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR MT
Love mine too. I got the NY top version because the OEM wasnā€™t available back then. If I hadnā€™t done that, I wouldā€™ve already crushed my exhaust at least three or four times.
I like the look of the NYTOP version, but I think they wanted around $200, and you canā€™t really see it anyway lol. I was definitely thinking of snatching one up a few months ago, and Iā€™m sure I wouldnā€™t have regretted it. Iā€™ve hit some stuff with the tailpipe too (thankfully nothing super solid), and I also like the fact that I have much better access to hosing off the underside in the rear. I drive in a lot of mud, so I have to hose everything down very frequently and Iā€™d cringe every time Iā€™d see mud coming out of my tailpipe wondering how much dirt has made its way in there. I was shocked at how clean it was when I removed it šŸ˜‚.
Sponsored