Tripometer Reset

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
I need to do another session with the overall layouts because I don't recall easy way to have A & B on same screen or cycle them.

My rig is only on its 2nd tank of gas but it did not seem to reset milage with a refill like my wife's German car does so that's why I'd like the easy move between trip A and B.
The manual is awful. Once you have the desired trip meter view on your cluster hold down on the OK button. When the menu appears arrow over to the desired trip meter and once again hold down on the OK button to reset.

Not intuitive and not explained in the manual. 🤔
Sponsored

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
The manual is awful. Once you have the desired trip meter view on your cluster hold down on the OK button. When the menu appears arrow over to the desired trip meter and once again hold down on the OK button to reset.

Not intuitive and not explained in the manual. 🤔
On just how bad the manual is.....

1) I looked in the manuals for our few years to 12 years old vehicles. They had same things missing in the index.
2) The Toyota CSR who made the comment said he was doing ctrl_F (search) as he does with lots of manuals all day long. That's how he agreed it has to go in their weekly quality circle meeting.

I have the .pdf and searching it is a help that its index is not. I suggest downloading that for anyone frustrated by the manual.

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
On just how bad the manual is.....

1) I looked in the manuals for our few years to 12 years old vehicles. They had same things missing in the index.
2) The Toyota CSR who made the comment said he was doing ctrl_F (search) as he does with lots of manuals all day long. That's how he agreed it has to go in their weekly quality circle meeting.

I have the .pdf and searching it is a help that its index is not. I suggest downloading that for anyone frustrated by the manual.
If you’re good at creating flow diagrams and swim charts i.e. continuous references to other sections/pages your golden. 😜

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Well OP I had to google it and this came up. After searching the manual with all sorts of key words that did not exist then ole google got me here. I finally found it. Problem was I ASSUMED when scrolling the different items on the dash display I thought both right and left options would be the same. They are not. The trip is only an option on the right display.

Hychet

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
You can put trip A or B on Left or right. The odd thing you have to do is continue using the “right arrow” (next to okay) until you see the menu with all the choices (Eco, tire pressure, engine temp, radio, etc) and check all the choices you want on the right side. Then back up a menu and it will appear there on the right.

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
You can put trip A or B on Left or right. The odd thing you have to do is continue using the “right arrow” (next to okay) until you see the menu with all the choices (Eco, tire pressure, engine temp, radio, etc) and check all the choices you want on the right side. Then back up a menu and it will appear there on the right.
Good to know. I will try tomorrow.
Sponsored