Sponsored

G-Note

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Camry
Cool story bro, sure they are making money but they are also providing valuable information good and bad for the platform.

TFL is a great channel and a lot less douchie then several other channels.
Sponsored

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
As they will nearly immediately be towing a trailer, heavily loading the engine, contrary to the manufacturer's recommended break-in procedure, I AM anxious to see if any issue with oil consumption develops. Hope they report on this...

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
I would not term it "throwing shade" on the U.S. side of Toyota so much, as knowing the work ethic in Japan. Viewing respective videos of the assembly plants, the Japanese are typically dressed in uniforms and move about briskly, but US workers appear much more casual in this regard. Curious, the engines mentioned are all built in the U.S., then some shipped to Japan?

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
Is the HiLux the vehicle one sees being used by folks in the battlefields of the Middle East? I'm sure reliability is a huge factor in that scenario. :)

Sponsored

holland1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
I would not term it "throwing shade" on the U.S. side of Toyota so much, as knowing the work ethic in Japan. Viewing respective videos of the assembly plants, the Japanese are typically dressed in uniforms and move about briskly, but US workers appear much more casual in this regard. Curious, the engines mentioned are all built in the U.S., then some shipped to Japan?
I wonder about this too, I thought I read it somewhere that the GX550 TT v6 was built in Japan. I'm thinking of trading in the rav4 for a LC or GX. I actually would prefer the LC due to MPG but I want the 3rd row when needed.

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
I wonder about this too, I thought I read it somewhere that the GX550 TT v6 was built in Japan. I'm thinking of trading in the rav4 for a LC or GX. I actually would prefer the LC due to MPG but I want the 3rd row when needed.
That would be the clincher for me, if the GX engine is built in Japan! I hear you re the MPG, but we only log about 3K/year, so not too much of a consideration.

komek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2 Competition
The one decision from Toyota I just can’t wrap my head around is the white/light gray seats. Watching this video again and it’s just so weird to see them. Light grey cloth seats on an offroad truck used by outdoorsy folks who are often covered in mud, dirt, rain, etc. The material is ok I guess, but that color isn’t going to hold up at all :/

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
The one decision from Toyota I just can’t wrap my head around is the white/light gray seats. Watching this video again and it’s just so weird to see them. Light grey cloth seats on an offroad truck used by outdoorsy folks who are often covered in mud, dirt, rain, etc. The material is ok I guess, but that color isn’t going to hold up at all :/
[/QUOTE
As a desert rat, where the summers are scorching, not a cloud in the sky, I prefer lighter seats/interior. Also prefer a light vehicle exterior. For obvious reasons, predominantly white vehicles in the desert SW US.

komek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2 Competition
As a desert rat, where the summers are scorching, not a cloud in the sky, I prefer lighter seats/interior. Also prefer a light vehicle exterior. For obvious reasons, predominantly white vehicles in the desert SW US.
Ah interesting, I didn’t think of that. Fair enough :D I’m a forest-mountainbiker-rat in the rainy PNW, for reference. Have you ever tried cooled seats before? I used to live in SoCal and tried a friend’s cooled seats and that was easily the best quality of life upgrade for living in a hot area.
Sponsored