Sponsored

What I've heard from my dealer so far...

Derek S.

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
So, I'm eagerly awaiting the TH but I reached out to my sales rep yesterday to see if they've gotten any information yet. Sounds like they're doing some training on the new Tacomas today, so hopefully they'll have some kind of news. He DID say that they got a TRD Sport allocated to them and that it was in the upper 40's. Seeing as how the TRD Sport is about the middle of the road for trim level, I'm really hoping that either a) he heard it wrong or b) the one they're getting is loaded. I've got a few things I'd like to add to the TH, but if the base TRD Sport is in the upper 40's... I don't know if I want to know what the TH would start at.
Sponsored

outcast

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
So, I'm eagerly awaiting the TH but I reached out to my sales rep yesterday to see if they've gotten any information yet. Sounds like they're doing some training on the new Tacomas today, so hopefully they'll have some kind of news. He DID say that they got a TRD Sport allocated to them and that it was in the upper 40's. Seeing as how the TRD Sport is about the middle of the road for trim level, I'm really hoping that either a) he heard it wrong or b) the one they're getting is loaded. I've got a few things I'd like to add to the TH, but if the base TRD Sport is in the upper 40's... I don't know if I want to know what the TH would start at.
based off the "leak" that happened, base price for sport is 36,599

heres to hoping it is fully loaded

OP
OP

Derek S.

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
based off the "leak" that happened, base price for sport is 36,599

heres to hoping it is fully loaded
Agreed. Even without the leak, the estimated pricing that's been all over the internet seems pretty reasonable and pretty comparable with the competition. Hell, if "upper 40's" for a TRD Sport is correct I'm not sure I want to see the price tag for a base TH. 😂

outcast

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. Even without the leak, the estimated pricing that's been all over the internet seems pretty reasonable and pretty comparable with the competition. Hell, if "upper 40's" for a TRD Sport is correct I'm not sure I want to see the price tag for a base TH. 😂
if that is the acutal base price, man I gotta get like 4 other jobs to afford the TH

Sponsored

OP
OP

Derek S.

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
Maybe with crazy markups
I'm expecting to pay around $60 for my TH, mostly because the dealer I'm buying from does markup. But, I'm not gonna complain... I've said it before that I had ordered a '23 Colorado ZR2 Desert Boss and that was gonna run me about $65, fully loaded. The TH, from what I've seen, is pretty much fully loaded right out of the chute. I'd rather not pay the dealer markup, but I don't have the ability to really shop around.

OP
OP

Derek S.

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
if that is the acutal base price, man I gotta get like 4 other jobs to afford the TH
Hell, if that's the actual base price on a TRD Sport, I'm gonna be calling the Chevy dealership and asking if they got the ZR2 I ordered yet. 😂

Teufel Taco

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma
A base ‘23 Tacoma TRD Sport (4WD) is 42k w/ destination so that seems about right.

OP
OP

Derek S.

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
A base ‘23 Tacoma TRD Sport (4WD) is 42k w/ destination so that seems about right.
Really? I thought the '23 TRD Sport was about $34, base price? Maybe I'm wrong. I just started looking into Tacoma's a few months ago when I cancelled my Chevy order.

outcast

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm expecting to pay around $60 for my TH, mostly because the dealer I'm buying from does markup. But, I'm not gonna complain... I've said it before that I had ordered a '23 Colorado ZR2 Desert Boss and that was gonna run me about $65, fully loaded. The TH, from what I've seen, is pretty much fully loaded right out of the chute. I'd rather not pay the dealer markup, but I don't have the ability to really shop around.
That about what I was thinking
The only thing I don’t wanna deal with with shopping around is possibly looking out of state

Sponsored
OP
OP

Derek S.

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
That about what I was thinking
The only thing I don’t wanna deal with with shopping around is possibly looking out of state
I work 50 hours a week and live by myself, not counting two dogs and a cat. If it were just me, no pets, I'd have NO problem shopping around - even out of state. As long as it's around the neighborhood of what I was willing to spend, I'm all good with it. Though, I'd rather more of that money went towards whatever "aftermarket" stuff ARB is offering.

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Keep in mind that it appears you can get a sport loaded up like a limited so upper 40's might sound right.

outcast

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I work 50 hours a week and live by myself, not counting two dogs and a cat. If it were just me, no pets, I'd have NO problem shopping around - even out of state. As long as it's around the neighborhood of what I was willing to spend, I'm all good with it. Though, I'd rather more of that money went towards whatever "aftermarket" stuff ARB is offering.
That's kinda what im thinking too

Im torn between a TH and a customized OR

in 7 days when the specs drop, that should help me consider what option to go with
Sponsored